“Good variety of chocolates”

Margaret River Chocolate Company
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Metricup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At The Margaret River Chocolate Company we're mad about chocolate! With factories in both the Margaret River and Swan Valley wine regions of Western Australia and a concept store in Perth City, we have been making award-winning chocolate products since 1999. All three sites provide a fascinating insight into the world of chocolate, with free chocolate tastings and interactive displays, with the two factories also providing viewing windows to watch the chocolate products being made. The Margaret River Chocolate Company makes and sells a mouth-watering range of chocolate bars, chocolate coated delights, hand made truffles, novelty chocolates, chocolate sauces and much more. Both chocolate factories are open from 9am-5pm every day of the year except Christmas Day, while trading hours at the Perth City store mirror those of other city-based retailers.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

They sell very good gourmet chocolates here. Prices are slightly on the high side. You can even find chocolate soap bars & chocolate massage oil here. There's a small cafe inside.

Walk over next door to the chocolate liquor store & taste some chocolate flavoured liquors. They sell all kinds of spice infused olive oils too.

All reviews
"chocolate products"
in 39 reviews
"free samples"
in 51 reviews
"rocky road"
in 23 reviews
"milk and dark chocolate"
in 15 reviews
in 52 reviews
"shop"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2014

Free tastings of the basic dark/milk/white chocolate buttons, viewing of part of the chocolate factory, lots of gourmet products. There's a cafe at the back with delicious looking savoury and sweet foods, we didn't try any but it looked nice. There's also outdoor decking for seating as well as the forestry for a sit on the grass. It's in a beautiful location and offers enticing food.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

Lovely chocolate at the chocolate factory, dont know how many times we have been to the chocolate factory over the years but it just keeps on producing the finest chocolate, if you want cheap chocolate then go to the supermarkets.
The cheese cake and coffee were beautiful too, pleasant setting outside watching a kookaburra and enjoying a relaxing atmosphere.
We shall return and buy more chocolate for us and family members, it makes a great pressie.. wouldnt matter how far away u were either.

Reviewed December 1, 2014

For some time I have looked forward to visiting this venue but I was shocked at the prices and I didn't think the chocolate was all that special. Admittedly I only purchased 2 Rocky Road bars and chocolate nougat with almonds plus an ice cream but $45 I thought was a lot of money for all I got but since I was there I decided to indulge. I would not take the trouble to go back as it was a long way from the town of Margaret River and had I not been visiting wineries I feel it was almost a wasted trip. Just my opinion as heaps of people seemed to be buying up big. The place did not have a very personal feel to it either - more like a money making venture.