“Give it a miss, poor tastings and the staff were average”

Margaret River Chocolate Company
Small-Group Tour: Swan Valley Food and Wine Trail
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Metricup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At The Margaret River Chocolate Company we're mad about chocolate! With factories in both the Margaret River and Swan Valley wine regions of Western Australia and a concept store in Perth City, we have been making award-winning chocolate products since 1999. All three sites provide a fascinating insight into the world of chocolate, with free chocolate tastings and interactive displays, with the two factories also providing viewing windows to watch the chocolate products being made. The Margaret River Chocolate Company makes and sells a mouth-watering range of chocolate bars, chocolate coated delights, hand made truffles, novelty chocolates, chocolate sauces and much more. Both chocolate factories are open from 9am-5pm every day of the year except Christmas Day, while trading hours at the Perth City store mirror those of other city-based retailers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Give it a miss, poor tastings and the staff were average”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Rocked up, looked like a supermarket, only two different chocolates to taste and they were average. I would happily pay 10 bucks to try a selection after all we drove a long way to visit this place. When I asked the staff if I could have an Iced Coffee with a bit of chocolate the response was as if I had asked for a kidney. Ended up saying just stick to the iced coffee. Recommend they seriously change their layout. The Cookie Factory was better!

Visited March 2012

• Indonesian first
Esperance, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“for chocolate lovers (everyone!)”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My friend took me to Margaret River Chocolate company, and I was very impressed! many varieties of chocolate. My favourite (now that I have eaten my goodies) is the cranberry and pistachio nougat covered in milk chocolate - its devine! Also I thought the single origin chocolate beasn ere an interesting gimmick, I have also found single origin coffees arounds the place; maybe this will draw these people?? There is a window you can look in at here they make the chocolate - when I was there the were making easter eggs. Also the shop has free sample chocolate buttons, skincare products, 'providore' products (i got the raspberry coolee), an array of gift packs, cocoa, etc...so much! Only bad point is that it was a bit pricey.

Visited March 2012
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good place to shop for your favorite chocolates...”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Margaret River Chocolate Company at Margaret River, now has a branch at Swan Valley area, and another outlet slated at Perth City this year..But since we were staying at Margaret River, we decided to buy our chocolates there. They now also sell you a cooler bag for us to carry our chocolates around so that we can continue our journey in the hot summer day...The chocolate kept very well this time when we brought back to sin a few days later and my colleagues enjoyed them thoroughly..

Visited February 2012
Seaford
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Not recommended”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Go for the free samples if you want to, some people were blatant about taking handfuls, which suprised me. I didn't think it was good. They buy in the chocolate and the counter assistant couldn't say where it came from. The gifts are expensive but bear in mind I am a poor Brit, the cafe wasn't that great either. A mediocre drink and the counter displays needed replenshing. Looked tired altogether

Visited January 2012
TinkaMumma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice gimmick, extremely expensive”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Beautiful simple grounds outside, then inside to a large warehouse looking area with very high roof etc. Wall to wall, asiles and asiles of chocolate goodies. A chocolate lover would just about faint in happiness! Anyone else would faint from the prices!!! The coffee spot at the back of the place is also a little expensive, but it would be a nice place to stop and have a rest and coffee and delicious expensive chocolate on the way home. Admittedly it is of course divine tasting stuff... But at $15 for one block of plain chocolate...Are you kidding? We got a mini-block for our chOcolate loving dad, and just enjoyed a small sample. Skincare product prices were bad too, may as well go to the body shop. Gift packs were $$$ too. Anyway you get my point. Nice atmosphere, quality chocolate, pay through the teeth

1 Thank TinkaMumma