“Badway Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Nagoya
tokyo
“Badway Hotel”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I should say: stay away from this hotel. The staff are very rude and not professional. Don't expect a smile from them, even if they make mistakes they won't apologize. It looks like customers are burden for them. Stay here for 5 days and it's more than enough.

we stay here for a meeting and seminar, so we were in quite big group. But even when only 10 of us arrived earlier for a meeting, the staff -with very few guests- were rude and ignorant. We collected many many complaints from the members of our group. The food was average if it was not bad. The light was dim and we can smell a weird combination of smoke and wet-old carpet. They didn't provide a projector in the meeting room when the organizer has already arranged and paid for it.

The water leaks from the bathroom (I don't know from which part) into the floor near bed. My friend's room got terrible leak from the ceiling when it was heavy rain!
One time I forgot my key, so I went down to the reception and just said: "I left my key in the room". The staff looked at me briefly and asked: "room number?" I told her my room number, and without any other verification she just issued a new key for me!
Another day, my key didn't work. So I came to receptionist again and said: "my key doesn't work". And guess, he just asked my room number and fixed it without any question! just try that to your friend's room, they will give you the key hahahaha....

we don't trust the security in this hotel, so when my friend wanted to go out for a while, she asked the reception to keep her laptop. The staff replied: "why don't you keep it by your own?" Of course without any smile... wow... what a hospitality.
When the internet didn't work at her room, my friend called the staff and asked whether they could send any technician to fix the problem. The staff just replied: "the IT guy hasn't come yet."
full stop, no "sorry".

When we had dispute over the rooms booked by the travel agent (it was their fault, given my room to other), in the middle of arguments suddenly the staff just left us! it made my colleague was really pissed off. We are educated people, we talked politely and rational, and we have traveled all over the world. We had experience staying in the non-star hotels as well as five-star diamond hotels, so we can accept various levels of facilities provided by hotels, but being professional and hospitality is different thing, it's a key in hotel business.
My colleague said: "I feel as if I didn't stay in a hotel, but asked for free over night."

Close to the hotel there is hotel which look more decent: i-Hotel. we wish we stayed there even though we didn't know this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank ade_jp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked a supervior room but when i rch there...It was full, so they upgrade me to a delux room...

Good shiok...Big Big Bed....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edmundlawSingapore
Reviewed May 3, 2010

The staff there was VERY RUDE. When me and my family check in, and we asked her if our room was near to one another, she said " yes, its near". When we went up, we was shock to see that our rooms was VERY far from one another, we have booked for 3 rooms but not one room was near to each other. Only that we have gotten the same level. We once again went down to check with the staff, at first a lady serve us but when we told her abt our situation, she seems very disinterested with us, she just said "sorry, no more rooms", than another man serve us, straight away, the lazy who serve us before came to him and whisper to him something, and he said using an unfriendly tone "No more room!". We are all females, so we need to stay close to one another. The air con was very bad too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
seremban
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We planned to stay at this hotel for 3 nites but the air cond was very very bad.We have meeting with our client at difference hotel and come back 2.30 a.m.Unfortunatelly when we come back to the room and found the room temperature like sauna although we switched on the air cond since we check in in the evening.Next day early morning with check out with frustrated and PLEASE DONT STAY THIS HOTEL. You will regret.........!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank raznine

Travelers are raving about these Nagoya hotels

Reviewed July 13, 2009

I booked through the internet. And I needed to pay 10% of the total bill. It's very common, isn't it? But what really made me upset was the front desk officer said, we couldn't get any deduction of the total bill from what we've paid in the internet. It goes to the provider and they said the hotel didn't get any of it.
It's not the money that matters, but more to how they dealt with it.
One more thing, the front desk officer asked us to upgrade the room to the 66 dollars one with additional SGD 5 on top of what we've booked.But they gave us the dusty room that seemed seldom being used.
The luckiest thing was we only spent one night there and move to a better hotel which is nearer to the mall.
Definitely won't recommend this hotel and won't go back as well...
They need to improve a lot of things. Because they charged more like the local phone calls, they charged expensively compared to what I've been charged from the other hotel. Taxi fare? The same... everything for me is overcharged...
Really, not so goodway for me... Very different with the hotel's name...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Prettypearl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed there for 3D2N in Apr 09 on a long weekend getaway from Singapore. Nice service, pleasant staff, clean rooms & 2 mins walk to Nagoya where all the bars are located. All in all, enjoyed my stay there. In-house hotel Thai-Chi strong massage is highly reccommended.

Stayed April 2009
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Stayed there with my friends for a 2D1N short trip, overall had enjoy my stay.

Cleaniness - Generally okay, but there were unexplained stains and cigarette butt holes on the bedsheet and pillows which leaves us abit disturbed. Also, the shower head is rather rusty. Other than that, the hotel is quite clean by normal standards.

Location - the location is pretty good, and it is just a 3 minute walk from a cheap and good massage parlor (SPORT MASSAGE CENTRE)! A short walk to Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall too, though we would prefer to cab there. Near the vacinity there is also a 2 storey Mcdonalds (24h) and KFC that would be good for late night hunger.

Service - OK only. Could be better, feels some of the staffs are abit rude. There was once I was at the counter with another male Caucasian tourist who was also checking out. The female counter staff know I have been standing there for a long time even before he was there yet she chose to help him out first, and the tourist had to tell her I came first before she turned to attend to me.

Security - Tight, had to enter a barrier everytime someones enters into the Hotel. We did not use the safe in our room after reading much reviews about break-ins, and my friend has also specially requested for rooms facing the street. (Rooms facing swimming pool are apparently more prone to break ins)

Food - The breakfasts are alright, but not exactly fabulous. I would still prefer the local street food. However they do have super cheap porridge buffets in the evening for dinner at about $3SGD per person.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends