Goodway Hotel Batam
$47
$30
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $40/night.

$47
$44
Agoda.com
Allium Batam Hotel(Nagoya)(Great Value!)
$39
$32
$37
$34
$30
$17
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $22/night.

Da Vienna Boutique Hotel(Nagoya)(Great Value!)
$52
$25
$65
$60
$83
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomrooms are bigcentral locationbatam islandnagoya shopping mall
Reviewed August 8, 2013

During a recent visit back to Batam, I wanted to be close to the Nagoya area where I used to live.

I looked at another place first, but it was ridiculously overpriced (might have been due to it being mid Ramadan and related celebrations). So I found Goodway had a reasonable rate and it's basically across the road from the bar area as well as next door to a CBA ATM machine :).. dangerous combination, but convenient.

as per the other reviews, this hotel is a bit dated and could use a lick of paint. I noticed a bunch of guys were doing some cosmetic updating around the reception area one night, so it seems they are doing something with it. But it is still an older hotel.

The room I got looked out onto the pool area and smelt a bit musty. Bed wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't all that great either. Wifi was good, minibar was cold and had drinks inside.
I did order room service a few times - it was okay, but the last time I ordered steak and it was inedible. I was just being lazy.. there's a great spot about 6 minutes walk away (Cock and Bull) for a steak (New PLace is also good for food).

I ate in the Japanese restaurant downstairs one night. It was okay.. not sure I would go back

I paid about $50USD per night.

I think this place is fine for a weekend if you aren't too fussy and don't stay in the hotel other than to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really love this hotel. I came here for many times. Old but still elegant. The room size is large enough, elegant and luxury. Even its old, but it still displays a luxury hotel, we can see from the elegant lobby, (they offer a karaoke room in the lobby). Nice swimming pool +jacuzzi, even we can understand it's been aged. The staff, bell-boy, room-service, everything is well. And the food? Very complete breakfast..delicious meals. You wouldn't disappointed of their breakfast meals. At dinner time, I usually order Sup Buntut for my dinner, superb. I can't resist to order again in the next visit. Four star facilities with cheap price.

Room Tip: Make sure they didn't put you in room which is very far from the lobby/ lift (wings its very far i guess)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Been here for three nights. The room look old, and dark. Maybe, they should paint it with brighter colour. The breakfast was good, wifi was fast, and located near Nagoya downton. We just can walk to reach hang out places.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went for a day tour in batam and everything goes well even till the doorstep of the hotel as the staffs were nice and friendly. Only when it comes to check-in as we booked a total of 5 rooms with 3 rooms having additional beds but one room given to us was actually occupied. We just can't figured it out how and why the receptionist will have an extra key to an occupied room! It was only when we went back down to the counter that they provided us with another key to the next door of the occupied room but we rejected it as the corridor was literally having a row of people sitting there where we find it unsafe so we insist of changing our room to another level. However, the receptionist insist us that they no longer have any vacancy rooms but upon our bugging they reluctantly gave us a room key to another level and told us that we cannot change the room anymore. Nevertheless, we went to the room but was pleasantly surprised to find a stretch of smell in the room with aircon switching on to the coldest temperature and sensing it suspicious we decided to leave the room empty throughout the night! I won't denied that the other 4 rooms given to us were pretty good with one being sort of like a renovated room looking beautiful and cosy though plus the 3 single beds room given was rather spacious only that the liners of all beds in every room were slightly stained. Moreover, the breakfast was great with many varieties of food to choose from and the pool was good for having both adult and children height but the gym was a little old designed without aircon. Now, the wifi as only 2 out of the 4 rooms we gotten were able to surf the net as the other 2 rooms was totally unable to connect and it was a little disappointed as it was written that there's wifi under the amenities which we were all looking forward to using during our stay. Overall, it was okay to stay if you are only there for a night!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 Deluxe rooms on Vesak holiday for my in-laws and us 2 adts+ 2 chds. Arrived at about 1130am and the recept says rooms were not ready so we went out for lunch and some shopping. Came back about 230 recept says deluxe were fully booked so they free upgraded us to Junior Suite for both rooms!! It was gorgeous and bed was big enough to fit me,husband and 2 kids with some space left! There was bathtub. Wifi password was given to us upon check-in. For in-room and also lobby. Didnt work well at first so tried a few more times then it was okay. Pool was good not that big but kiddy pool was next to it. Breakfast was great! Many varieties. Mix of western and asian. Egg station was great. Kids breakfast was 40000 (Sgd5) which was cheap for what you're having. Check out was fast. No hassle. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013