Goodway Hotel Batam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Allium Batam Hotel(Nagoya)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomcentral locationrooms are bigbatam islandnagoya shopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2011

we booked this hotel before we saw the reviews here, so we are kind of have "NO" expectation for this hotel. But it turn out alright!
to be honest, this is a very old shacking hotel. The windows are not working, bathtub chipped off! The closet door are not working well too. The food is so so. The gym is very old....
But, there is internet even it is very slow and the staff are nice. Lady staff does smile and the staff in charge the gym and the swimming pool are very responsible!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed one night in the Goodway Hotel.
It was okay but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Positive: the room was clean; the bed super comfy; the aircon worked; we felt safe
Negative: the stuff was not able to communicate (we had a problem with the mini bar and no one except the manager was able to understand English); breakfast was practically carried off while we were still eating.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank janethe1st
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I should say: stay away from this hotel. The staff are very rude and not professional. Don't expect a smile from them, even if they make mistakes they won't apologize. It looks like customers are burden for them. Stay here for 5 days and it's more than enough.

we stay here for a meeting and seminar, so we were in quite big group. But even when only 10 of us arrived earlier for a meeting, the staff -with very few guests- were rude and ignorant. We collected many many complaints from the members of our group. The food was average if it was not bad. The light was dim and we can smell a weird combination of smoke and wet-old carpet. They didn't provide a projector in the meeting room when the organizer has already arranged and paid for it.

The water leaks from the bathroom (I don't know from which part) into the floor near bed. My friend's room got terrible leak from the ceiling when it was heavy rain!
One time I forgot my key, so I went down to the reception and just said: "I left my key in the room". The staff looked at me briefly and asked: "room number?" I told her my room number, and without any other verification she just issued a new key for me!
Another day, my key didn't work. So I came to receptionist again and said: "my key doesn't work". And guess, he just asked my room number and fixed it without any question! just try that to your friend's room, they will give you the key hahahaha....

we don't trust the security in this hotel, so when my friend wanted to go out for a while, she asked the reception to keep her laptop. The staff replied: "why don't you keep it by your own?" Of course without any smile... wow... what a hospitality.
When the internet didn't work at her room, my friend called the staff and asked whether they could send any technician to fix the problem. The staff just replied: "the IT guy hasn't come yet."
full stop, no "sorry".

When we had dispute over the rooms booked by the travel agent (it was their fault, given my room to other), in the middle of arguments suddenly the staff just left us! it made my colleague was really pissed off. We are educated people, we talked politely and rational, and we have traveled all over the world. We had experience staying in the non-star hotels as well as five-star diamond hotels, so we can accept various levels of facilities provided by hotels, but being professional and hospitality is different thing, it's a key in hotel business.
My colleague said: "I feel as if I didn't stay in a hotel, but asked for free over night."

Close to the hotel there is hotel which look more decent: i-Hotel. we wish we stayed there even though we didn't know this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank fauziah z
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked a supervior room but when i rch there...It was full, so they upgrade me to a delux room...

Good shiok...Big Big Bed....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edmundlawSingapore
Reviewed May 3, 2010

The staff there was VERY RUDE. When me and my family check in, and we asked her if our room was near to one another, she said " yes, its near". When we went up, we was shock to see that our rooms was VERY far from one another, we have booked for 3 rooms but not one room was near to each other. Only that we have gotten the same level. We once again went down to check with the staff, at first a lady serve us but when we told her abt our situation, she seems very disinterested with us, she just said "sorry, no more rooms", than another man serve us, straight away, the lazy who serve us before came to him and whisper to him something, and he said using an unfriendly tone "No more room!". We are all females, so we need to stay close to one another. The air con was very bad too.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family