“Affordable & Spacey & Peaceful!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harmoni Suites Hotel

Harmoni Suites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Nagoya
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Affordable & Spacey & Peaceful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

1st - It's a business hotel.
Travel with: 10mth old baby and husband.
Nights spent: 4 nights.
Room type: Suite

PROs - It has a tub whereby I can easily bathe my baby.

It has a kitchenette, not just for the suite, for all room types, and convenient for us as we have a baby in tow and may need to stay indoors most of the time thus we can cook. The kitchenette has a stove, microwave, toaster, rice cooker, fridge & freezer and water boiler.

VERY VERY hospitable and warm and great service by the receptionist & Bellboy upon arrival and throughout our stay.

It's very peaceful & quiet.

The staffs in the hotel are very accommodating and caters to all our requests with sincerity.
It is located just 10 mins away from Harbor Bay terminal, just 5 mins walk to Nagoya Hill Mall which has a hypermart where we went crazy doing grocery shopping 1 full pushcart but spent only SGD $60 (converted from IDR).

Very convenient as they provide taxi services (rate to Nagoya Hill RP60K, if u get a random taxi, rate RP40K).

Their pool is an indoor pool on the top level together with their steam bath and the gym.

They provide very very affordable laundry services (did 24 pieces charged Rp175K), but if u want it free, you can do so on your own situated at the pool level.

P.S We would like to compliment staff for their service (Melly + the guy who greeted us upon arrival sorry do not catch your name and those who assisted us during our stay in Room 614)

===========

CONs- The hotel breakfast is not as tasty. The coffee tasted powdery so we went for tea instead.
There was a blackout one of the night it was only for 5 secs but it freaked me and my baby out.
In our suite for one of the bathtub, when we on the tub water, it was muddy colour but it soon turn clear after 5 secs of continuous flow.

Room Tip: There isn't any good view rooms thus the best is to try and get higher level rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in room 706, highest level of the hotel. The room have a window facing the main road I suppose, and it's rather disturbing due to the traffic, it's not very heavy, but still annoying.

1. Location
Harmoni Suites Hotel (HSH) is located within 5 minutes walking distance to Nagoya Mall (NM), even so, the location I will deem average as there's 2 road that you need to cross to reach NM. Price from Batam Centre to HSH cost around IDR60,000. If you are to take the hotel transport from HSH to Batam Centre will cost you IDR85,000.

2. Facilities
They have wifi, but it's weakl in the room, on and off. Sometimes it seems better when I stand at the door. They have a open air but sheltered gym and a small swimming pool (probably 10m by 5m or something), didn't use them though. Even though they did mentioned that they have spa / massage services, but it's not within the hotel. They will provide the therapist to your room if you want, if not, you will have to travel to Harmoni Hotel (15mins by foot from HSH). They do not provide free transport, which I find it weird and a service that I think should be provided. Prices are reasonable. Do check their latest promotion before you order a massage service. They do not have the promotion show in HSH.

3. Accommodation
Cleanliness is fine but the pillow case have some yellow stains only. All other items are quite standard. But they have a mini kitchenette, where you can whip out a dish if you want. I didn't search for the pots and pans though.

4. Food
I will recommend you to Raja Kopi (Singapore Coffee Stall) at NM. It is located beside the cinema at the highest level of the mall. You should try the Pempek, avocado juice and promo ayam penyat set. Delicious and cheap.

If you would fancy seafood, you can try the 933 Seafood, but not the one in NM. Food is not fantastic, even though the price is ok. We have tried the claypot fish head (but for some reason, there's no fish head in it), hot plate bean curd, 2 coconut and broccoli fried with chicken. I will say the food is below standard.

Last must try will be the J.CO. They have nice and cheap donuts at crazy prices...!!! If you do not want to buy any local food back, you can buy this. =)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CozzetteXO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Totally love that place. Min kitchenette. King size bed. Big bathroom. Gym, pool and sauna. Great breakfast. Service was great, so nice. They help us help to call to check for activities and eating place. Near to nagoya hill mall, 5-10 min walk. I want to go back again!!! I love it.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank rtjz84
Detroit, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was stay on 08th August 2013 with my wife. It's really amazing to stay here with peaceful.
Room very neat & good service with lovely breakfast. Nice swimming pool with Spa.. Location also near to mall & lot of pub a rounding only. Worth to Stay with safe ..

Room Tip: Room twin deluxe large & nice look..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anika60
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed in I Hotel, BCC and Harmoni Suites on three separate visits to Batam and its Harmoni Suites that get my vote.
Location wise... its 5 minutes walk to Nagoya Hill (from back door), and a 10 minutes taxi ride from Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal. The taxi fare is 50000rp (I didn't bother to bargain) from the ferry terminal to the Hotel.
Check in was fast and friendly. Reception girl handed over access card key while telling me about the hotel facilities. She walk us to the elevator and was happy to answer all our questions.
Room was a good size that comes with a very useful cooking area. Rice cooker, Toaster, 2 burner stove, microwave machine, full refrigerator, pan and cooking utensils are provided.
Ingredients and drinks are available at Nagoya Hill hypermarket (no wine there, byo).

Bed is firm and comfortable, Tv is good size, Aircon is powerful, big size windows that is flank by bamboo, excellent shower head with good pressure, super fast and free Wifi (better than my home), really quiet room. Furniture is old fashion but really well maintained. Room is also very clean though it has a smoky smell (like all indo hotels).
Breakfast provided is excellent. The is a wide variety of Asian food that sort of focus on Indonesian and Japanese dishes. An egg station is available. Room service menu is in Singapore price (nett). I ordered a saba fish with rice/pickles/salad/fruits ($12) and it taste great.

Early check in and late check out is not a problem at this hotel. The staffs here are really friendly and polite. The will always greet you with a warm smile. Check out was done in 30 seconds.You could leave your bags with them if you want to go for a last minute shopping or massage.
Hotel taxi back to ferry terminal is a 6 seater (50000rp).

In short... I hotel has the best breakfast, BCC has the most beautiful room while Harmoni suites has the best value and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Teo_KT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went to Batam for a long weekend getaway with my girlfriend and even right from the booking stage the hotel staff were extremely helpful in answering our queries timely and accurately.

Hotel is located just a 5 mins walk away from Nagoya Hill mall, which has got many popular spa and massage palours located nearby. There are also many local eateries right beside the hotel if you fancy a little adventure to experience local life.

Rooms were spick and span when we arrived and everything was in order for our room. Staff everywhere in the hotel are always friendly and helpful with a smile on their faces. Probably not relevant to everyone, but there is a kitchenette in the room, and it helped to make our trip more fun and interesting as we could drop by Nagoya Hill and get groceries to do a little bit of cooking.

There is wifi in the rooms, though it was slow during daytime. At night the speed shot up significantly and surfing was a pleasure.

The only gripe I have is that the indoor swimming pool is quite cold, but I guess that's to be expected of indoor swimming pools.

Excellent hotel. Great location. Great service. Would definitely return there for a stay if I visit Batam in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The staff are still as great and friendly and the location good with many eateries nearby as well as the Nagoya Shopping Centre. Though the buffet breakfast seems a bit dull and lacking in variety, the friendliness of the staff made our meal enjoyable.

I will still choose to stay at this hotel if I were to visit this part of the island again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nagoya
Da Vienna Boutique Hotel
Nagoya Mansion Hotel & Residence
Grand I Hotel
Grand I Hotel
#12 of 96 in Batam

Been to Harmoni Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!