Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Hotel Forum(Beausoleil)
  • Breakfast included
Edmond's Hotel(Cap d'Ail)
  • Restaurant
Hotel de Monaco(Cap d'Ail)
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslouis iifree shuttleyacht harborhotel shuttleoverlooking the marinashuttle servicemountain viewthe busnice airporta sea view roommini barthe hotel offersminute walkan upgradehousekeeping staffmediterranean seahotel restaurant
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We visited the hotel when visiting monaco for the tennis. We found the hotel was in a great location, & all the staff seemed really well trained. Nothing was too much trouble.
Ask for a room overlooking the small marina, great view from the balcony.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Highlights for review of the Marriott Riviera:
Plusses: * Fantastic location. Only about 2km from the heart of Monte Carlo. You can actually walk to Monte Carlo and do not need to take a cab as often indicated. It takes about 15-20 minutes and involves aking an outdoor escalator. Bike/Walk path just 100m from the front door and offers a great way to exercise in the morning or evening.
* Views are really great if you have a room facing the Mediterranean Sea. It overlooks the harbor and yacht club and is a nice way to unwind in the evening.
* Friendly and helpful staff. Also, free internet that is available in the common areas.
* Free breakfast makes for a good start to the day, and offers a wide selection.
Drawbacks:
* No drawbacks to the hotel. My experience was very positive.
A few comments about the area:
* I recommend taking a public bus from the Nice airport and not taking a cab. The difference in cost is about 70 Euros ($100), and only take about 20 minutes longer. I made the mistake of taking a cab because the driver offered in a thick French accent to take me for nineteen euros (so I thought). Once we arrived at the Marriott, his accent cleared up and he indicated it was not nineteen but ninety euros. Big difference in price, so please do not make that mistake. I took the bus on my departure and it was timely, efficient, and much less expensive.
* There are fantastic landscape photos across the Nice to Monaco segment, so definitely recommend walking portions of that. I walked the entire distance (about 8 hour walk) and got some really awesome pictures. Walk around the peninsula called Saint-Jean-Cap Ferrat as it is absolutely beautiful.
* The art museums in Nice (Matisse and Chagall) are not that impressive. I am an art enthusiast and like the work of these two artists but the museums are not worth your time.
* Climb to the top of Castle Hill, as you have some nice views of the city, Sea and surrounding area.
* Eat at the 'Beef Bar' along the water just about 0.5km from the hotel. It sits under the Monaco castle, and so has fantastic ambiance. The best steak I have ever eaten, and the bottle of Malbec was the perfect complement. Do not pass up the opportunity to eat there - it is a bit expensive but you will have a great meal and experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I had a room on the harbor side with a great view and a balcony. Sitting up there you can just relax and read a book over a glass of wine. The downstairs area had a restaurant that is open air. The location itself is nice as well and a walk to the palace doesn't take much time at all. The distance is short, but its the switchback roads and the inclines that will slow you down.

Room Tip: See if your company has a corporate rate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Chose this hotel because of location and it couldn't have been better. It was beautiful, clean and right in the middle of where you could really go anywhere. I have to say that it was Philippe that made the stay over the top. I emailed the hotel before and he responded and helped us get to the hotel from the airport. We were celebrating a special occassion and I have to say after meeting him I realized he takes his job seriously and will go above and beyond to make your stay the best. Even when the maid service didn't make up the extra bed and it was late and they had already left, he brought up a roll away bed himself and made sure it worked for us. When we were leaving he gave us information how to make getting where we needed to go easy and fun. The staff treated us so nice with a smile and just that extra something that makes you glad you chose the hotel you did. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in the Monaco area.

Room Tip: WONDERFUL room that has the balcony and panaramic
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Having travelled down from Dijon taking 7 1/2 hours, we were very pleased to finally get to our hotel, being a first timer to the area I was unsure with what to expect, this hotel was nicely positioned in front of Monacos many marinas, our 3rd floor room seaview room was perfect to view some stunning yachts, our room 302 was a large size and had a very big bathroom, usual refinements were in place(air con, tv, Internet, tea coffee etc) hotel had it's own car park which was ideal considering space in monte Carlo is so limited, staff were informative a special mention to Phillipe who was very informative and provided us with some welcome tips on where to go during. our stay, the hotel itself was at one end of monte Carlo so visiting the main areas meant taking the complimentary shuttle bus, otherwise getting to and from places meant a long walk!!!! and don't forget there are lots of hills!! This hotel however is a perfect base to visit Monte Carlo and id recommend here for anyone wanting to visit here for the first time.....enjoy!!!

• Stayed: June 2011