“Found by accident. Booked to go again!”

The Plough Inn at Brackenfield
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Alfreton
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Excellent food, good price, friendly staff. All food freshly made (even the burger was amazing - how often can you say that). Fab views from the patio area. Booked to go for my birthday in June. Menu looks fabulous!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

For the last two years when my wife and I have been on holiday in Derbyshire we have dined here and last time I gave it a excellent review.
This trip, same owners but what a change, what a total disappointment.
Had one meal and never went back.
The menu has been shortened to what I would call trendy micro meals .
The Prawn cocktail was some sort of a joke and I never did work out what the leaves were.
I had Lamb which was accompanied with a block of something 50mm X 50mm X 25mm thick which I think was made of Potato and my Wife had a piece of trout accompanied by two small new potatoes. This left us to fight it out over a small dish of vegetables containing sliced carrots and cauliflower. At least the custard with the sweet was OK.
Being Diabetic, normally after a meal I have to inject Insulin to reduce my sugar level.
After this three course meal at the Plough, when I left I had to eat some biscuits to get my sugar level up, which I think says it all.

Overall I am amazed that a place that used to serve succulent and generous meals can have changed so much. Perhaps it's a way of boosting the profits?

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Tonight was the second time my husband and I have dined at the Plough Inn. Both times the service was fantastic and the food was delicious. We highly recommend The Plough Inn for an enjoyable dining experience in Derbyshire.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Visit this place on a regular basis in the evening as the food is at a very high quality for very reasonable prices. There is so much variety to choose from off the menu with at least 7 or 8 different choices for each course. Always seated promptly; the staff are also incredibly welcoming. There is not a bad word to say about the plough inns service. I've always had a splendid time here! I recommend this place to any food enthusiast.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Having visited the venue before I was confidant we were in for a positive time.
Despite the usual wait we were looked after by the same waitress we are used to seeing (K)
As usual with a good level of banter she made our visit special.
The food is always of a high quality and with a large range of wines to choose from this is a venue we will certainly return to.