“The best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my second visit the food is outstanding and I am suspisious of previous reviews are they rivals this is without doubt the best Indian in this area and front of house Iqbal is superb

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My partner and I use Sanam often as it is our favouraite indian around. We've eaten in a few times and have had regular deliveries at home too and I feel they cannot be beat. The staff are always really courteous and friendly, the restaurant has a lovely ambience about it and the food is gorgeous.
My partner always opts for a vindaloo (too hot for me) but he loves the taste. It is hot and tasty rather than just being hot because it's loaded with chilli's.
I've tried a few of the curries on the menu and I can honestly say I haven't had a bad one yet, they always ask if I would like it medium or hot and it never fails to satisfy my taste buds. The nan breads and starters are always delicious.
I would highly recommend the Sanam for a good curry to anyone... Infact, I'm having one tonight!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went Saturday evening 11/6/13. I have never been so disappointed with a meal. I had a jalfrezi, there was no taste to it at all. No heat no spice no flavour. The waiter said it was because the chef (I use the term loosely) had cooked it medium!!! Medium jalfrezi, there is no such thing!!! The waiter knocked me a fiver off, little compensation for a ruined evening. The only tasty thing was the after eight. It was carp.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my all time fave Indian. Small and unassuming yet large enough to accommodate any party size. Very much a long term business which has been run by the same man since my children were small. The menu is much as any other Indian but the taste far exceeds! I cannot recommend this place enough - cheese and garlic nan is beyond compare and the curry sauces are to die for - try it!

1  Thank DerbyshireBliss
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Not been here for about eight years,it was good then & still is.the premises are good,the staff VERY attentive & the food excellent.A little more expensive than other local establishments I've visited but that is partly down to bottled beer rather than draught.Thats nit picking though I'll certainly dine here again.