“A good eating experience all round”
Review of Cottage Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cottage Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Really good food, excellent service and great value for money. Well worth a visit. We go quite often and have never had a bad experience. The value for money is great with good quality food served quickly.
We advise anyone to try this place, you won't be disappointed

2  Thank DeeRussell

Reviewed August 1, 2012

well its good food served by friendly staff at a bargain price well done robert and family you work very hard to please

1  Thank 42alfie42
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Having read the review extolling the virtues of this restaurant I decided to call for a Sunday lunch en route from Sheffield to Derby. Outside was like a hornets nest with elderly people making their way from cars, or in one case a scooter for the infirm or disabled, to the entrance. Am I in the wrong place? is this the local Bingo Hall? My fears were soon dispelled as I entered into a welcoming environment which made me feel young again - I am 70yrs old but must have been one of the youngest there. Having ordered a starter of pate and toast, a main course of steak and kidney pie, and a meringue based dessert, from the Sunday three course menu at a cost of £9.95, my wife choosing fish. Both of us were really impressed with the attentive service despite a secret inner smile as I likened some of the waitresses to Mrs Overall but they were lovely ladies and did an excellent job. The clientele prove yet again that us old uns know a good thing and I suspect that the Cottage Inn is a regular oasis for many of them.

1  Thank Clive B
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Tucked away in the small village of Blackwell, this place is really off the beaten track but truly worth a visit. Looks like it was originally an old village school and has two dining rooms, one much larger than the other. I thought places like this had been lost over time.......what a delight to know they still exist. Here, all of the food is freshly cooked and the portions are plentiful and well presented. You will get at least 3 varieties of fresh vegetables with your main meal. If you need more then just ask and it will be provided. The amazing thing is that it is possible to have an excellent 3 course meal for £5 each - unbelievable value and great quality food. Main courses we have tried include loin of pork, leg of lamb, roast beef, steak and kidney pie, cottage pie, lasagne, fish, and some of the salads. All have been fresh and filling ! If you have room, the desserts are also delicious.
The staff are very helpful with no frills and service is quick, but you will not feel hurried at all.
We have noticed the restaurant is very popular and it is advisable to book, as they attract regular groups of customers almost daily.
This is not a new venue and has been run by the owners for many years. In some ways. I am glad that news of this wonderful place has not spread too far from the Derbyshire Dales, otherwise we may never be able to get a seat in the future.
Highly recommended and should be on everyone's list if visiting the area.

1  Thank ukaway_11