“Good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broxbourne
wakefield
“Good hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed one night and found it to be a good hotel. The staff at reception were excellent at check in and check out. The room was of a good size and was very clean. Slight downside was the television was at the side of the bed so it was hard to watch. We use three for our mobile phone provider and the signal was excellent therefore we did not need to use the hotel wifi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I would like to commend the work of your team at the Marriott hotel Cheshunt. We held a Mother's Day event at your hotel on 29th March and the team lead by your Banquet Manager (Sam), his colleague - Jason and the rest of the staff, worked tirelessly to prepare for our event. They had such a unified approach in serving and supporting us on the day. They really did go out of their way to make it a wonderful event for all of us. Thanks so much and we look forward to visiting again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Cheshunt Saturday just gone. I have to stay, as far as hotel staff are concerned, this was the best team of staff I have come across. The Team at the Marriott were exceptional, from the receptionists, to the bar staff, the restaurant staff, managers and chefs. Everyone provided the highest level of customer service. The food was excellent too - my husband was soo impressed he said it was the best chicken he'd ever tasted! The room was also nice a big, and considering we were on the ground floor facing the front (i.e passing traffic). it was very quiet and we had a very good nights sleep. great place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor room 5. I have never left my toddler asleep while we've left the ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

So, I stayed in this one for three nights and I'm never going back. To make it simple:

- The room decor is extremely dated and looks cheap
- No mini-bar in the room - not even a bottle of water
- The heating was SO noisy that I couldn't sleep. I had to turn it totally off to be able to get some rest, which means I ended up freezing all night. Should I also mention that they have ONE unit in the entire room, incl. the bathroom? Impossible to take a proper shower without freezing to death.
- The shower itself - pressure was just not there, I couldn't take a proper shower in my whole stay there
- Breakfast and dinner were seriously subpar
- Service was ok, and people at the reception were friendly and helpful - but that's all the good I could find

Overall, avoid as much as possible

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank menelaos1983
CheshuntMarriott, Director of Operations at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the challenges that you experienced during your visit and that these were not resolved prior to you leaving the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure that they are fully aware of our guest expectations and that we continue to look for improvement to ensure that every guest has the best experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your visit in more detail 01920451245. Mike Harrison, Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Broxbourne hotels

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here for business. Lovely comfy bed but could not believe the wifi charge £6 an hour or £15 for the night. Even a Premier Inn gives 45 mins for free. These days I would not expect yo pay for wifi and certainly not this much. Mariott would not be my first choice for this reason.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather H
CheshuntMarriott, Director of Operations at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoy our comfortable beds. I will pass on your comments to our Housekeeping team.
Regarding your comments on the internet charges, internet is indeed chargeable in the bedrooms but we do offer complimentary internet access to Gold and Platinum members of the Marriott Rewards loyalty scheme. I know this is of little comfort to you if you are not a Marriott Rewards Member though Wi-Fi is available free of charge for all guests and hotel visitors in our public areas. Saying this I will escalate your feedback on your behalf. Best Regards, Mike Harrison, Director of Operations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed over 2 weeks and from day one everyone was lovely. They looked after me and really cared. It was my Birthday while I was there and as a surprise they gave me chocolate cake at breakfast and sung me happy birthday. I do a lot of travelling and would definitely recommended it here. Special thanks to Sally and the bar/ breakfast staff. Their conference facilities are very good as well.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your feedback we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Cheshunt Marriott Hotel. I am glad we could make your birthday special and I will personally pass on your comments to Sally and the team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Cheshunt Marriott and we hope to see you in the future. Best Regards, Mike Harrison, Director of Operations.
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I have stopped here several times. The customer service from all the staff is excellent, the rooms are comfortable and the beds ensure a good nights sleep. Having stayed in many good hotels around the world this hotel, while not being opulent, does the important things very well indeed - other hotels could learn a lot from their example.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CheshuntMarriott, Director of Operations at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Cheshunt Marriott Hotel and trust that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future. I will pass on all your brilliant comments to my Hosts. Best Regards, Mike Harrison, Director of Operations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broxbourne
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
#2 of 5 in Enfield
Fanhams Hall Hotel

Been to Cheshunt Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!