“Severely overpriced and admission fee doesn't cover anything but”

Paradise Wildlife Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and visit Paradise Wildlife Park, the most interactive zoo in Britain. Based at Broxbourne in Hertfordshire, we are open all year round, every weekday and weekend! The brilliant design of our enclosures means that you can meet some amazing animals face to face! We have a huge collection of over 500 animals including the best collection of big cats on display in Britain. Our cats include: white tigers, white lions, Amur tigers, snow leopards, cheetahs and ocelots. We also have penguins, meerkats, monkeys, gibbons, lemurs, zebras, tapirs, wolves, wallabies, reptiles, birds and much, much more! We are unique because you can touch and even feed many of the animals in the Animal Park by purchasing one of our specially prepared animal feedbags. Have fun in one of our five adventure playgrounds, at the daily shows and meet the keeper sessions.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Decent day out for families but I'd only ever go here with discount vouchers which are prevalent over the internet all year round...be prepared to be fleeced once you are in there...plenty for kids to do though and good selection of animals to keep kids interested...take your own food!

1  Thank 146Chris146
Paradise_Wildlife, Manager at Paradise Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Paradise Wildlife Park, and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are very sorry that you feel that the price is too high. But please be assured that nobody is getting rich at your expense. To operate the park costs in excess of £8000 per day in order to look after the animals and to stop the park falling into disrepair. Around 40% of the money you pay is lost immediately in taxes which the park never sees. Each year is a struggle to maintain the number of visitors we need to maintain the park and to carry on the vital conservation work that we do. None of the directors are highly paid, and even the owner himself considers the purchase of a new pair of shoes as an excess! Every spare penny gets put back into the park.

Happily, the vast majority of the 300000 visitors we get each year go away happy and fulfilled and return often.

We hope that this helps you to understand the reasons behind our pricing, and reassures you that the money doesn't go to waste.

Kind regards,

Alex Smale
Paradise Wildlife Park

There are newer reviews for Paradise Wildlife Park

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Me and my partner had an offer that included a stay at the Marriott Hotel in Cheshunt and then a day at Paradise Park with a guided tour of the big cats and a health check on one of the tigers.

Firstly we had a brilliant stay at the Marriott which set us up well for an early morning at Paradise Park. We arrived at 9am to be greeted by a very friendly member of staff who bought us tea and biscuits. We were then led to Safari Sam's Diner for breakfast. The information we had been provided with about the trip said that we would be given breakfast baps. We were actually allowed to choose whatever we wanted from the standard breakfast menu which included a full english breakfast. The staff at breakfast couldn't be any friendlier and kept offering us more food and drinks! Really couldn't have asked (or eaten!) any more!

We were then greeted by our guide for the morning - Ian. We were very lucky and were the only people that had booked onto the tour so we had our own private tour which meant that we could ask as many questions as we like. Ian's knowledge was absolutely brilliant and answered all questions that we had.

We then went to go and see a health check on the white tiger. I was amazed at how close we were allowed to get and how much the keepers are able to teach the tigers to monitor their health. Again, Ian was very knowledgable and answered all of our questions.

Afterour experience we were able to explore the rest of the park at our leisure. We watched the bird of prey show which was absolutely brilliant and also the red panda feed. It was great to be able to get some amazing pictures.

I really can't recommend Paradise Park enough and I can't wait to go back and visit again.

2  Thank McAnkers
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'm only 20, and I love the £1 go karting goes with my friends my son loves dinosaurs and loved the train (£1) that goes through loads of them! We loved the nature walk and the mini playgrounds, loved the free boucyncastle and bouncy slide! Such a thoughtful set out, cafés are brilliant there is one in every section and one looking over the tigers, but we loved the cafe with the soft play area! My son is 18 months and was perfect! Amina's we're amazing could really see them we'll all active staff were SENSATIONAL! Everyone very proud of their job and into it! Love it! I got the groupon making it £8 per person but will defo pay £16 next time, apparently in summer there's a water bit so can't wait, also shop is so much cheaper than I thought! I was expecting to be extortionate but it was okay! Happy we went at this time or year because I can imagine summer is over crowded, I'd do this on a rainy or sunny day, so much to do, thank you everyone for making our day special!!

2  Thank honestisabella
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow what can I say.. Excellent!!!
Myself, husband and two teenage children went to this park on New Year's Eve with friends, the website was down (was going to book tickets online for discount) but when mentioning this to the office we got a discount at the gate!
The weather was rainy but it didn't dampen our day, lovely to see the passion of the Zoo keepers- (Ian and Nick) really friendly and chatted away to us about the animals on many occasions throughout the day!
We loved watching the "big cats" getting fed and the talk on skunks!
We had a fantastic lunch in the roof top tiger cafe, and very reasonably priced!
The parrots talking we're a great time waster too and lots of fun!
Thank you Paradise Wildlife park, totally recommend for a great day out!

1  Thank Dencroft
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Went today to spend time feeding the wolves and what an experience. From start to finish it was amazing and the staff were so informative and friendly. They have us so much information and time to sit with the pack. Feeding time was second to none. If u want a great experience Paradise wildlife is the place to go. People do put the park down sometimes but what they do there to support the animals and what they do for wildlife conservation is fantastic
If u like wolves this is the place to go and I want to thank everyone involved today who were really very friendly and made us feel at home
Well done and keep up the great work
Kim & Ade