“This little gem is up a flight of stairs, don't be fooled by the other restaurant on the corner!”
Review of Motiraj

Motiraj
Ranked #26 of 444 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This might even be better than the curry I had on Brick Lane earlier this year. Fabulous, tasty, full of charm and spice. Absolutely gorgeous food, gorgeous staff and wonderful atmosphere. Thank you Motiraj, I will return soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate here recently and, I can honestly say, it ranks as one of the best Indian meals I have had outside of India itself. The restaurant is clean, the staff attentive, and its very handy for a pre show meal if you are visiting the nearby theatre (as we were) . Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Inkabijou
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ive been going to the Moti Raj for over 25 years and it really just gets better. I asked my girls what they would ideally have for their xmas day dinner and they said Moti Raj, i phone the order in and and hubby picks it up, we truely enjoy this a lovely alternative

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Busy restaurant, popular with the locals. Service was good as was the value but the food was all a bit ordinary. Would like to see more varied regional dishes.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went to the Motiraj again last night. Was very busy when we got there at 8. Despite the amount of people (big groups etc) we were seated and served our meals very quickly. I like the fact they take your food orders while you're sitting in the bar area so its getting prepped for when you are being seated. Only thing this time was that the lamb wasn't as tender as I like it, though it was still nice. Service very good again, will keep on coming back. On