“Simply the best fish and chips ever”
Review of Queens Cafe

Queens Cafe
Ranked #156 of 474 Restaurants in Sunderland
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I don't know how long this place has been here but it is a long time. They serve the very best fish and chips in the cafe or to go. For a day out at the seaside this should be your lunchtime retreat. It's rough and ready but the food is excellent. Give it a go next time you are in seaburn. Cheap and cheerful and good value for money.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

Just had the nicest piece of fish from here, no skin or bones, sat inside with a cup of tea with my fish, inside was lovely and clean. Will go back there when up that way.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't go anywhere else for fish and chips in the Sunderland area!

Food always delicious, cooked to order and the staff are so friendly and helpful!

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Usually better than Minchellas next door, we visited today as a large family group. Initially we went to the take away window and was served by a slightly grumpy lady who was annoyed when we decided to go inside.
The food was ok - nothing special and not as good as Downey’s in Roker.
The cafe inside is pretty tired.
It’s ok, but it’s just average fish and chips.

1  Thank O5carBravo
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Went for a fish and chips whilst passing. The fish was lovely and fresh. The best fish I have tasted for a long time. I was even offered gluten free which I was very impressed with. The hospitality was out of this world. I will certainly go back when I am next in Sunderland