All reviews thyme restaurant car park stayed here empire theatre sunderland city centre mins walk away meal deal excellent location train station multi storey per night main road fantastic stay comfy bed lovely hotel budget hotel football match
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Premier Inn in Sunderland City centre was excellent, as all locations we have stayed in the staff were very approachable and helpful. Our only problem was the uncomfortable bed, which came as a surprise as we have always had an excellent nights sleep when we have stayed at all the venues we have stayed at over the years.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is my second stay here and their service standard never dropped. The room is clean and the breakfast, dinner are all very good and valuable. Try to purchase the meal deals while booking the room. It includes
a breakfast and a two course dinner with a drink as well. It is located right next to the University of Sunderland (City Campus). You can go to the shopping mall - Bridges within 5 minutes. If you are staying on a school opening trip with your child, it must be the best choice.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2018

booked this premier inn for its location near to the Empire theatre.....staff very friendly and helpful,As we arrived too early to dine staff recommended somewhere to eat ( the fire station) the room was as usual clean , tidy and comfortable. two rooms were booked ,both parties agreed excellent stay..between us both types of breakfast were tried and none of us were disappointed,food fresh and plentiful, top marks for sausage and black pudding...Well done all staff....would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank tommoCleveland
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Probably the best Premier Inn I've stayed in. Great location for Sunderland and also easily situated to jump on the Metro to Newcastle.

Great room and staff, hotel was very peaceful. Parking limited onsite but I parked at the nearby multi-storey which Premier Inn discount for you anyway so not a problem at all.

Excellent spread at breakfast for both cooked and continental. If I'm ever in Sunderland again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank DLilT
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I know this isn’t much of an achievement however this premier inn is actually the nicest I have stayed in and I have used these hotels all over the country. The rooms are really quite nice and clean made it a pleasure to stay there.

Stayed: September 2018