“Lovely lunch & cake..”

Let There Be Crumbs
Ranked #249 of 432 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Indulgent treats and guilty pleasures to satisfy both the savoury and sweet tooth at Sunderland's newest cakery & tea room - Let There Be Crumbs. We offer a selection of the finest loose leaf Rington reas & speciality coffees, an array of home-made cakes & confectionary and a choice of afternoon teas. Breakfast galore until 10.30am & we serve light meals all day. Menu also available 'to-go'.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch & cake..”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Came here today with my mam. Service was great couldn't fault them at all. Lunch of croquet monsieur was lovely served with chips. Victoria sponge was lovely and I was given a huuuuuge slice which I couldn't finish. Will definitely come back.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Rachel F
Jonathan G, Manager at Let There Be Crumbs, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Let There Be Crumbs and we hope to see you again soon.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Finally had a day off together so my husband and I decided to have some time together and try out "crumbs" this morning.
The decoration and layout of the place is fabulous, I was extremely pleased to be offered a window seat with beautiful sea view, who I assume was the manager, was very polite and attentive.
The cakes all looked very tasty and my husband opted for caramel shortbread while I had a cheese scone.
This is where our visit started to loose it's appeal, the waitress that took our order at the desk was unfriendly and don't think smiled once. It took a very long time for our drinks to come and again the waitress just placed them down without a smile or even an "enjoy".
When our food was brought over the scone was actually cold, not room temp or warmed. I then realised I was never asked how I wanted it, strange for a cheese scone.
My husband said his was ok but not the best he had tasted.
When asking for the bill, this came quite quick and I loved the little basket it came in (lovely touch) but again we waited a long time for it to be taken away and our change to be given. Please be advised tree was only three tables occupied while we were in so I would hate to think about the service when busy!
This place has amazing potential and is beautifully fitted out, and little touches are great. However apart from the manager (I assume that's who he was) the rest if the staff really let the place down. They need to do their research in customer service and warm up the scones! We rarely have time together but as two professionals we like excellent customer service and are willing to pay for it, unfortunately it maybe a while before we go back. A little coffee shop may not have layout but will have the friendly service I look for and make me feel a valued customer!

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate all types of feedback.

We will be looking into the points you have raised, both with regards to staff and the scone issues.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the future and your experience will be a more positive one.
South Shields
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Have just visited this tea room for the 3rd time and I must say it's fab, food lovely , cakes amazing .Must add the staff epecially jess , not forgetting Mark the manager excellent customer service , a bit laugh goes along way thank you .

2 Thank diane c
Jonathan G, Manager at Let There Be Crumbs, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are delighted you had such a great time at Let There Be Crumbs! We do you we will see you again soon.
“Not what you would expect! ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend visited in June, food was lovely but customer service not so!

Wrote a letter in to get some feedback and got no response, messaged on facebook to check they got the letter no response!!

We were looking forward to coming back for afternoon tea but not so sure we will return now as feedback hasnt been acknowledged or opinions valued!

1 Thank squirrell1990
Jonathan G, Manager at Let There Be Crumbs, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, we have now responded to your Facebook message in order to find out more details.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Really nice place, I had a breakfast which was lovely but a bit pricey and didn't come with toast! I would probably go back and try some of the lovely cakes which were on display as there was a good selection.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Diane F
Jonathan G, Manager at Let There Be Crumbs, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to write this. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Let There Be Crumbs.

We hope to see you back again soon.