“amazing food, long wait for food”
Review of Arabesque

Arabesque
Ranked #11 of 455 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The atmospheres is lovely, staff were very welcoming. Food was amazing, we waited over 40minutes for food though. The restaurant was very busy so we didnt mind. Couldnt find our bill so explained what we had eaten and paid. Overall beautiful place, greatfood, great staff just little tweaks need to be done on wait times and bills. Will be bringing family next time, as was gorgeous. Thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having visited Egypt, we thought it would be nice to try an Egyptian Restaurant so close to home. We were not disappointed. After a very warm welcome, we were seated in the lounge area where our drinks were served prior to selecting our food then being shown to the restaurant area. The service was spot on, not rushed but not slow. We were aided with our choices as some of the dishes were unfamiliar. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff they even found time for a little chat when we asked any questions. The food was excellent and not expensive at all. We had a very enjoyable evening and are certain to return in the not too distant future. Congratulations to the owners for the way the restaurant is decorated, it was very comfortable with a great atmosphere. Tremendous value for money.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Went to Arabesque with a friend on a Thursday night. Wonderful atmosphere enhanced by a range of Egyptian decor. Staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Food was amazing - they have a really extensive menu. We shared the Prince Mezze (falafels, dips, salad and Arabic bread). Huge portions! Was stuffed after that so couldn't eat all of my chicken shawarma. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Me and my 3 friends came to the restaurant with an open mind as we have never heard of egyptian food never mind tasted it. But all I can say is, ive missed out for the past 22 years of my life. As soon as we entered the door, we were greeted by a lovely hostess, she recommended the selection of cocktails, amd I went with the Red Sea Daquiri (which I highly recommend) We started off with the royal mezze, which was served with warm arabic bread, this was simply amazing! I then couldn't make my mind up on which meat from the grill I wanted, so I went for the whole lot and ordered the mixed grill, this was an excellent choice, the lamb kofta literally madd my mouth water sooo much. However, this is when my meal came to an end, the portion sizes were very generous and I couldnt manage a desert, however my friends went with the Om Ali and Rice pudding, which apparently was perfection. Despite it being a busy Saturday night, our food was out at perfect times and our waiter, the young English lad, and waitress, Laura I believe her name was, were attentive and very outgoing making the experience even more enjoyable. Even when we were leaving the restaurant the staff were very friendly, and Susan was a lovely lady to talk to. All in all the whole experience was one of the best ive experienced. Definitely a great restaurant, and one I shall be attending regularly having moved up from Manchester last summer.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Booked for a party of ten people for my sons birthday. It was great to experience some thing different the food was excellent there were no complaints about anything from anyone in our party (this makes a change as normally at least one person has a moan). The staff were very friendly and helpful and sang happy birthday to my son in English and Egptian. The prices are very reasonable. Lesley our waitress was brilliant and as there were three famlies making up our party of ten she presented each family with their own bill at the end of the evening (saved us all sorting one bill) well done Lesley. We will be back in the near future and looking forward to returning.