“Super meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monsoon Kitchen

Monsoon Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Monsoon Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 417 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Grill, Fusion, Central Asian, Filipino
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Super meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I become addicted of monsoon Kitchen food. I visit every week with my Family from Newcastle to Sunderland For Great meal of MONSOON KITCHEN specially Family Grill.

Muhammad Kamran Jamil
Perveen Akhter

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kim J

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best Meal I Have Ever Eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

From a friend's recommendation, I went to Monsoon Kitchen with my friends over the weekend and absolutely loved this place!! All my friends were delighted with their meals, we ordered chicken and lamb biryani, naan bread as well as other side dishes and they all tasted fresh. The service was great and the owner was very welcoming. Will certainly go back again!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank FK_3002
“Amazing food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Just been to monsoon kitchens 1st time and will be going back the food was amazing and we had a started main and a free sweet with larger. All came to under 50 quid. The manager was lovely very friendly and helpful. Very clean and fresh & friendly staff. The food cooked from fresh and the spices were amazing very tasty.

2 Thank Jax S
Sunderland
“A lovely meal! Very tasty! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We booked a table & the owner was very helpful explaining that they had not had their drinks delivery but if we texted him our order later he would shop for us! We just brought our own but I was impressed by how friendly he was .
Our meal was great. As a curry lover I appreciate that everything was cooked from fresh & you can choose the best level.
Starters were fab- and very generous - do beware! Onion bhaji was dry, crispy and really tasty. The mixed grill my greedy husband had was very generous and I tried the chicken- moist and very flavourful .
Biriyani was unusual but very tasty, I had the handi - hot - which had just the amount of fresh green chillis in for a lover of spicy food.
We will def be back! Hope it does well; friendly, helpful staff and fabulous food- a great find!

2 Thank Mysticdebbasina
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Came here on Sun Fm voucher.
Starter of onion bhaji and chicken somasa's were gorgeous. The main meals of chicken biryani and lamb handi didn't come as we asked. Lamb biryani and chicken handi, totally mixed up and very disappointed as I had been wanting to taste an authentic biryani for some time. Also as we were the only people in the restaurant at the time as the only other couple left a little while earlier, I wouldn't have thought it would have been difficult to get our order right. Rather than wait my partner and I just swapped main meals and to be truthful apart from the difference in the heat they tasted and sauce looked exactly the same. All in all disappointing

• Visited April 2014