“A great find!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Seaham, United Kingdom
“A great find!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Anyone who reads my food reviews will probably know that I am a cheap and cheerful kinda girl. The lunchtime menu at this reataurant fit the bill perfectly. We have been looking for somewhere to have lunch in that area since our fave Italian restaurant changed hands.

Well we nearly drove past the Itialian Kitchen but I am so glad we didn't. We had the two course special at £6.95 a head. I had creamy garlic mushrooms (fab) and hubby had potato skins. That is his favourite starter and he said it was very good. We both had calzone pizzas and they were huge! Hubby demolished his but our waiter Ricky kindly put half of mine in a box to take home. A pint of real ale was £2.85.

The staff are very prompt at serving you once seated and dishes were cleared quickly. Ricky came round a couple of times to ask if everything was ok. Even when having a 'special' it is nice to feel like a valued customer!

We will definitely put this on our list of restaurants for a re-visit. Hubby as recently retired and eating out at lunchtimes has become a bit of a 'thing' for him. Not that I'm complaining or course!

I recommend anyone to try this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

“Great place”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We eat here approx once a month, quality of food is exceptional and very reasonably priced. Staff very friendly, always a warm welcome. We highly recommend Italian Kitchen.

Visited August 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went to the Italian Kitchen on a Saturday night and it was very busy. However, this didn't affect the service we received by the staff and we never felt rushed as we have in some busy restaurants. The meals took a reasonable 20 minutes to arrive. I ordered the Lamb and my husband had the Valdostana. Both dishes were excellent. We had desserts of Eaton Mess and chocolate fudge cake. My Eaton Mess must have sat a while before it was brought out as the ice cream had started to melt, however my husbands said his dessert was delicious. All in all a good restaurant, reasonably priced with lovely food but not for a romantic night out.

However, the pub that is attached is not as nice and all you could smell were the toilets as you having a drink as they are right in the seated area. Some of the seats were ripped and were starting to look a little worn. So I wouldn't visit the pub again.

• Visited July 2014
“Not bad but had better”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went to Italian Kitchen today based on trip advisor reviews and have to say I feel a bit let down. I had the meatball starter which I really enjoyed, although it was a bit too large for a starter. My partner had seafood on bruschetta (can't remember the name), this was also too much for a starter and although tasty, the mayonnaise was flavourless and could have added more to the meal. For our main we both had the surf and turf. Our steak cams on a bed of mushroom and onion. This bed alone could have fed us for a week and the majority had to be scooped off our plates. The steak was very nice, tended and cooked just the way we asked. The prawns came in an extra tub of garlic sauce, the sauce didn't haveuch of a garlic flavour and seemed to taste more like the prawns which were in it. I liked the chips but my partner wasn't a fan. Normally I would get dessert but there was so much food on the plates that we were stuffed, even after leaving a lot to be taken away. I wouldn't say it was a bad meal but I've definitely had better locally

“Lovely again !”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had a lovely meal yet again this lunch time food beautiful. The restaurant is dead clean and well done out with a really friendly atmosphere. You get lots for your money hence we can never eat it all. Staff are great