“All Round Good Time”
Review of Liberty Brown

Liberty Brown
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Brown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The award winning As You Like It team present, Liberty Brown, Pizza House, Bar & Grill.At Liberty Brown we're famous for...Award winning, healthy homemade food with no nasty bitsComfy chairs that look a bit lived inSunday dinners with extra Yorkshire puddings lovin' kids, cos they're just like adults only a bit smaller.Proper organic beer, it's cloudy and brewed by monksHomemade bread, just because of the smellProper chips, minus the newspaper100% organic kids menu, definitely no turkey twizzlers.Kids having a full 30 mins with Santa Friendly staff because a smile costs nothingTasty local produce, cos that's how it should beSo that's why we're bringing Liberty Brown to Sunderland.We hope you like it.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My visit for Liberty Brown was all in all very pleasant . My self and my Girlfriend enjoyed a sharer Melon Cocktail that was well priced and lasted a long time and was a nice change to the standard fair we are used to in the city centre bars/clubs . I then had the mixed grill . I found it again very good value and well presented , The service was great and they even had a live band on . This again in comparison to most restaurants and bars was a nice change . The band did get a little loud but it was a Friday night and we were in a more conversational mood but overall atmosphere was great. Defiantly a good idea for anyone wanting food , drinks and entertainment , Was a little hard to find at first and may need better sign posting would be my only criticism

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have always loved As You Like It in Jesmond and when I heard they had a sister venue in Sunderland I decided to give it a go and I have to say I’m very glad I did.
I visited Liberty Brown with my sister and nephew and we had a great time. The menu had a great choice of food and made it impossible for us to just choose 1 item each so instead we got the sharing nachos, 2 starters and a pizza for us all to share. A great restaurant for families, a fantastic astrosphere and very helpful staff, I would definitely recommend Liberty Brown :-)

1  Thank ILoveFood917
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I ordered the toasted chicken and bacon melt with honey mayo, sounds very nice! A five year old could make a better "toastie" tiny pices of chicken and miniscule crumbs of bacon and what mayo
? stuck between 2 slices of white toasted cheap bread. to add to insult a side salad of a handful of lettuce and wait for it! a whole half of cherry tomato. the most begrudged £5.50 iv,e ever spent.

2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We love this place, particularly in the summer because the beer garden has lots of adventures waiting in it for the kids. There are two play houses and lots of rope climbs and tunnels for them to play in.

They have done a really good job inside as well. It feels very American and there always seems to be a nice atmosphere.

We have eaten here quite a few times. You'd be looking at £30 to £40 for two adults and two kids. That is probably what you would pay most places these days. The pizzas and chicken dishes are excellent. The menu has lots on it too and I can't remember veggies having a problem either.

We have also been here for an evening meal with friends. There is live music on a Friday and Saturday night and I think it is a really great place to unwind. Especially if you come up trumps in Happy Hour and get your drinks half price.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

As a regular patron of the mother restaurant and bar, As You Like It, we thought it time to visit the latest edition to the family. 5 of us turned up for a low key birthday meal, were directed to the packed bar whilst our table would be prepared. Barely stood still long enough in the bar area to pick up a cocktail menu before we were moved along by a member of staff telling us that the stretch of well tended bar we were approaching was for table drink orders only and bar drinks were to be ordered at the other end of the bar where the lonely barman preparing a large order of cocktails looked very stressed and in need of both help and a glug of the 'sex on the beach' in his shaker . My husband started to explain that we were going to be seated shortly so we were technically a table drink order and that as the rest of the bar area was packed with people consuming their drinks rather than ordering we couldn't get near. the child looked blankly at us and with hand gesture swept us away, You just can't argue with stupid.

1  Thank Carolyn P