Sunderland Marriott Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    • Restaurant
    • Restaurant
    View Hotel
    Sir William Fox Hotel(South Shields)
    View Hotel
    All reviewssea viewsea frontleisure facilitiesswimming poolsteam roomleisure clubcorner suiteseparate showerchanging roomstrouser presssuperior roomtwo double bedslounge areaoverlooking the beachseaburn beachcar parkbit dated
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently as it was most convenient for work.
    Have stayed before & had a really nice room but my room this time was quite old fashioned. Nothing wrong with it just could do with a freshen up.
    Rooms are big & clean!

• Stayed: October 2013
    Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My close friends got married at the Marriott Seaburn 5/10/13, from the moment we arrived to sort out favours for the tables we where given complimentary drinks n food, they also allowed us to check into our rooms before the actual check in time.

The room I was in was big, very comfy bed and loads of towels in the full bathroom with separate shower cubicle

We had a hot buffet, the chef spoke to us all explaining the selections, the food didn't disappointed it was very nice,

Special thank you to Ceeva who looked after the wedding on the day

• Stayed: October 2013
    Reviewed October 1, 2013

Recently stayed with my wife whilst visiting Stadium of Light. We found the facilities of a decent standard, nice reception area, decent (if slightly dated) bar and restaurant area, rooms (sea view) spacious and well appointed.

Staff were all very friendly, breakfast was usual buffet style with poached/fried egg an option. restaurant food in evening was filling and good quality.

We would have no qualms returning if in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped her with my partner whilst visiting friends. The hotel is nice and the staff the same. This isnt a posh hotel with all the trimmings however on the other side its not a horrible place to stay at all. The hotel is clean and tidy the staff helpful. I would be more than happy to stop here again. Excellent value for what you get

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was trying to book for a party of 7 for a night in September 2014, and I was repeatedly told there was no one available to take the booking (9 phone calls and 4 emails!!) I had to call almost every day for 2 weeks before someone then told me the whole hotel was full.

So no chance of a visit but if their customer service and business skills are anything to go by, I just wouldn't want to stay there anyway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank Philippa B
    SunderlandMarriott, General Manager at Sunderland Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am very concerned to read that you were unable to make contact with anyone to make your booking for 2014. We do have stringent booking procedures in place, including via our Central Reservations Office by calling the hotel direct or visiting our website online at www.marriott.co.uk/Sunderland so I am at a loss as to why your enquiry was not dealt with immediately. I would be most grateful if you could contact me at the hotel to discuss the matter further.
    Warmest regards