“Excellent value!”

Cafe Eighteen
Ranked #56 of 420 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Cafe, British, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Trendy little cafe serving delicious homemade food and great drinks at amazing value.
Hove, United Kingdom
“Excellent value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

my daughter and I enjoyed lunch here yesterday.I had the £5 deal which included a jacket potato with a choice of fillings...my choice was beans and cheese and this was served with a small, fresh side salad and included a tea or coffee. My daughter enjoyed her falafel salad and a coffee.
Very good value for money, food presented nicely and very nice friendly staff. I'll visit again!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank 12BevD

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Been here 4 times in one month, love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I went here for lunch for the first time at the end of October and me and my husband loved it. I've been here three more times with different work colleagues in the past month and they all love it too. Collectively we have had burgers, wraps, chillie, pulled pork, soups, olives, teas coffees and cakes all of which were very well presented and extremely tasty. At a reasonable price too! I would highly recommend this little cafe for lunch for whoever hasn't tried it yet :) x

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I have been to The Olive 4 times (I am actually here right now having a pulled pork roll *yumm*) and we have never been dissapointed. Food is always delicious and the cakes are great too. Sunderland doesn't have many choices and I am so happy we found this great place.

• Visited November 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“BROCOLI AND STILTON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

just left the Olive coffee shop as I have ventured over to Sunderland to do some shopping must
say the brocili and stilton soup was fantastic , my partner who is hard to please had Feta, olive, oregano & tomato in Olive Panini!
it was fantastic we now are regulars there now as my friend David has his bus pass so we look forward to
manager I think her name now is michelle I have been calling her blanch for weeks sorry got your name wrong cant wait to come back

• Visited November 2013
UK
“Great little cafe in Sunderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Unfortunately Sunderland isn't known for it's abundance of cafe's and coffee shops. This cafe is tucked away on Olive Street with a bright orange facade so you can't miss it. The menu provies a great choice ranging from breakfast (served until 3), panini's, sandwiches, burgers and more. There's also a couple of specials boards on the wall. The usual coffee's and cold drinks are served and a fridge showing a delicious selection of cakes is very tempting. The prices are also very reasonable. For round £5 you can get a great panini with delicious homemade chips, salad and coleslaw, and the coffee's are a good price too. The decor is really nice and there's a great atmosphere. Give Starbucks a miss and visit here.

• Visited October 2013
Michelle T, Owner at Cafe Eighteen, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I would just like to thank you all for your reviews, it's very rewarding getting positive feedback from our customers and drives us all on to deliver even better food & service.
We would just like to say that we changing our name to Café 18 (we are 18 Olive St), but are staying under the same ownership (we took over in May 2013), 95% of the menu will stay the same, But as I inherited this fab menu from the previous owners then, I feel it is now time to have our own identity and branding. So we are adding a few new dishes that we have found have gone really well whilst on our specials board, however, if there is something on the old menu that you used to love, please ask, as I'm sure we can still cook it for you! Oh and it won't be bright orange, but a kind of Mediterranean red, hopefully!
Thank you all once again, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon, Michelle and her fabulous team, Louise, Joanne & Kevin.