“Amazing Christmas lunch”

Ranked #137 of 425 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amore is warm, inviting and it has the buzz of somewhere genuinely special. Bringing a dash of Chic Milan to Sunderland, Amore has created a modern yet welcoming restaurant, which retains a rustic feel despite its chic design. NEW A LA CARTE MENU LAUNCHING MID APRIL - we are changing a few things here, the popular Italian dishes are still available however, we are now also offering NEW CUISINE that one would not associate being with other Italian Restaurants. Our A La Carte section of the menu is ITALIAN FUSION CUISINE, consisting of Italian Chicken, Fish, Steak & Meat dishes fused with Spices and Flavours from other Continents of the World. We have been here for 6 years now, time to take our Cuisine up to another level with Rommel our HEAD CHEF. We hope do enjoy it!!!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Amazing Christmas lunch”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Decided to avoid the washing up and stress of Christmas lunch by booking a table at Amore, I have eaten here many times with both friends and family and always really enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. On Christmas Day all the tables were decorated and timings were perfect which meant no one was rushing and everyone had time to enjoy their day. The food was lovely, plenty of time between courses which meant time to relax and chat and time to make space for everything! Staff were fantastic as usual and I would not hesitate to return for lunch next Christmas although I know I will be back many times before then! It is very difficult to get everything right on such a special day but as usual Amore did this to perfection, well done and thanks

1 Thank northernclarkie

“The best Italian restaurant in the north east”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been to amore on quite a few special occasions with family and friends and really can't fault it in any way, which is why I decided to book with my family for Christmas Day lunch 2012. The restaurant is well located in the city centre. The staff are friendly and extremely welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Even though the restaurant was extremely busy this didn't effect the quality of our meal or service. I would recommend Amore to any one and I can't wait to return very soon. I have also dined at Amore 2 in ashbrooke Sunderland which again was perfect. The food was all superb and great value for money. Well worth a visit.

Sunderland, Massachusetts
“Still Good”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have visted this restaurant on numerous occasions ..
My partner had King prawns for starter and fillet steak for main s...
I had soup ang king prawns ...All top notch .. Nice staff ... Well worth a vist....

Visited December 2012
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Amore 2 - fantastic!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Well what can i say... Another perfect meal at Amore... I am a regular at Amore in town but decides to try Amore 2 for a change! What a lovely, tastefully decorated restaurant it is too... Although ues it is smaller than original Amore myself and 6 friends found it the perfect setting and it felt welcoming and intimate. The staff as always were extremely friendly and attentive.... We found the menu had plenty to offer and the food of fantastic value and plentiful! The pollo piccante is definately a firm favourite! The bar is separate to restaurant but didnt bother us one bit... We were there to enjoy a nice meal but the wine that accompanied our food was just right. We have a works christmas party to look forward too... So i will be back enjoying more pf your delicious food in no time! Keep up the hard work!!!!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Mamma Mia”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited Amore for with a large group of friends and family.
Staff friendly and made us feel welcome, food was excellent along with desrt options which went down well with the women. will visit again soon.

• Visited December 2012