“Amazing Food”

Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 421 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Birmingham
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Unbelievable Experience. Great Service, breath taking food and a wonderful atmosphere. Chose Anti pasti to start and the selection of meats was surprising, For mains I chose the fillet steak which simply melted in my mouth. No room for dessert unfortunately!

Visited February 2013
KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank yo for such a glowing review. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable dining experience at our restaurant.

I will pass your kind comments to all staff involved and I personally look forward to you dining with us in the every near future.

Tyne & Wear
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We used to love this restaurant, but thought it went downhill a couple of years ago, although we haven't been for a while, so thought we'd give it another go.
We went for the Happy Hour, £5.95 for soup or potato skins starter, then any pizza or pasta. We both had soup was nice, but only luke warm. My hubby opted for a pizza foresta which he said was very good. My canneloni was dissapointing though. The menu said spinach and ricotta cheese canneloni rolls, but I couldn't find either spinach or ricotta cheese. Instead it was filled with mushrooms and tomatoes (!?), dont know what that was all about!! Also, there were no canneloni rolls, just a pasta 'lid' with the mushrooms and tomatoes underneath.
I didnt complain because we were in a bit of a hurry and wouldn't have had time to wait for another meal.
Coffee was very good and served with a nice little amaretto biscuit.
I think it will be a while before I go again. I have given 3 stars which is a combination of 4 stars for my hubby's meal and 2 stars for mine.
I much prefer the neighbouring Thai China restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read that you feel as though our restaurant is not as good as it used to be.

We pride ourselves on the standards we provide and I apologise if you feel as though we have not achieved these standards.

Our Cannelloni is filled with mushroom and tomato no where is it stated on our menu that it is filled with spinach or ricotta. I accept that the majority of cannelloni's are filled with this but our version is not.

I hope you decide to use our restaurant again and I also thank you for your custom in our other restaurant Thai China that is also situated within our hotel.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Overall Experience - A truly enjoyable experience which we hope to revisit soon.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

On a horrible, cold and slushy winter's evening, we walked into a warm and welcoming atmosphere, to be greeted by Federico, the manager. His genuine pleasure in doing his job was reflected in the attitudes of his staff, the general ambience of the restaurant and the cuisine. The shoulder of lamb which two of us had was faultless, as was the sirloin steak and steak dianne taken by our two companions. We found the vegetable broth a little bland, which resulted in our rating of 4 rather than 5 for the food; otherwise we were delighted with our experience. Federico, the manager, could not have been more warm and helpful and was a major component in our evening's entertainment.

KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our restaurant. I am delighted that you had such a great visit. I will certainly pass your comments to Federico.

I am sorry that you found your broth a little bland but I am very happy that you had such an enjoyable main course.

Once again a huge thanks for your review and custom and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Tavistock Leisure Ltd
“Great food and even better service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited the tavistock Italia this week. The waiter Paul from Liverpool talked us through all the meal options and gave us enough time to decide. Food was amazing and we'll be back soon. The tavistock italia is a hidden gem with great character

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a positive review. I am delighted that you had such a great dining experience and found the food to be of excellent quality and also that Paul looked after you so well.

Once again thanks for such a kind review and for your valued custom.

London
“Certainly retro”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Why used oversized Thai plates in an Italian? Food very good ice cream a bit bland had to ask 3 times to get a glass of water

Visited January 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restuarant. I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience.

I am some what puzzled by your comment regarding oursized Thai plates? As we do use white square 12" plates for main course and the relevance to Thai, I am uncertain.

I have passed your comments with the kitchen regarding your Ice Cream and fed also your comments back to Jersey Farm who makes our ice cream using only the milk from their Jersey Cows.

In addition to this I have highlighted the isolated service issue with having to ask for your water, with the restaurant manager.

Customer feedback is essential to help us maintain our customer service and excellent loyalty we receive from our customers and I thank you for providing us with this feedback to help us maintain this standard we have became renowned for.