“Certainly retro”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Why used oversized Thai plates in an Italian? Food very good ice cream a bit bland had to ask 3 times to get a glass of water

KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restuarant. I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience.

I am some what puzzled by your comment regarding oursized Thai plates? As we do use white square 12" plates for main course and the relevance to Thai, I am uncertain.

I have passed your comments with the kitchen regarding your Ice Cream and fed also your comments back to Jersey Farm who makes our ice cream using only the milk from their Jersey Cows.

In addition to this I have highlighted the isolated service issue with having to ask for your water, with the restaurant manager.

Customer feedback is essential to help us maintain our customer service and excellent loyalty we receive from our customers and I thank you for providing us with this feedback to help us maintain this standard we have became renowned for.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last week for our anniversary and the food was amazing, plenty to choose from. The waiter Ash was very helpful and a credit to the tavistock!

KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review and custom. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit to our restaurant. Customer feedback is essential and I thank yo for taking the time to help us with that.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again very soon,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent wine list, super food: INDIAN waiter!!!!!! Nice ambience, a good mix of customers, a place to linger and enjoy...

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review I am delighted that you think we have the best Italian Restaurant in Sunderland. I agree!!!!

I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable visit to our restuarnt and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

First time I've been in this restaurant, although I have been to its sister establishment in South Shields.
My party of four ordered off the special £9.95 three course menu and we were all very impressed by the food.
The restaurant itself was busy without being packed and the staff were all friendly and efficient.
Although the decor wasn't quite to my taste (retro-kitsch isn't my cup of tea) I'll definitely be paying it a visit in the future and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank youfor your review of our restaurant. I am delighted that you found our restuarant to offer "Top Quality Food, Excellent Atmosphere and Great Value for Money"

We look forward to offering you the same great food, atmosphere and value of money on your return visit.

Thanks once again for your review and custom.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We eat here every time Sunderland fc play an evening match, always good food, nicely presented, good value for money and excellent service from the staff especially Paul

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our restaurant. I am delighted that you had such a good experience.

I am sorry that we could not make the football results as good as our food and service!!!

Once again thank you for your custom and review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.