“Regular visitor and excellent as always.”
Review of Jayelles - CLOSED

Jayelles
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We opened in March 2010. as a coffee shop/bistro.....our motto is " we dont serve fast food...we serve good food as fast as we can." We serve a fast range of home cooked foods...cocktails, wines, spirits and beers.... we have a great sea view on the coast of seaburn...sunderland..tyne & wear...we pride ourselves on having been awarded 5 stars by sunderland City council .
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I visit Jayelles every Friday to start the weekend - it's always a great way to start to begin to relax. The staff are friendly, the service is great and the food is of a high standard. We've taken many friends and family here and they've all really enjoyed their visit.
I can't find any faults at all except to say that the portions are too big but I always manage to eat them!!

There are newer reviews for Jayelles

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was the first time we had been into Jayelles and only popped in for a post walk coffee, however we were so impressed we tried more.

My partners hot beef sandwich and my panini special both served with chips and salad were excellent and good value for money.

The service was very friendly and the decor relaxing.

We will definitely be back to Jayelles very soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times. Food is always nice and service is ok - pet hate of mine, however, is bringing people's food put separately - it should all be brought together.

Prices are a bit on the higher side but it is a nice cafe to visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The major problem with this restaurant was the staff approach to customers. Rather than using the John Lewis philosophy the attitude seemed to be that they were doing us a favour. My point of view is that if you are paying for a service it should be the best. Training issue?
Firstly, I found the staff quite abrasive, abrupt and morose. Everything was hurried and this turned what I had hoped to be a relaxing visit into a bit of a stressful one.The next problem was the door which seemed to become jammed open when new customers arrived allowing not only cold but cigarette smoke into the restaurant. This was not only unpleasant but dangerous to health! Unfortunately the bacon was also hard so I did not leave impressed and will be choosing guaranteed service elsewhere instead!

1  Thank 227059Angela1
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I visited with my husband for a meal on a Saturday night. Food was delicious very flavoursome and portions are large so don't understand why anyone would complain. Pricing we thought was right for food and drinks. £57 for 2 starters 2 mains 1 dessert and a bottle of wine. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the service is good. Would recommend.