“Consistently Excellent”

D'Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 464 Restaurants in Sunderland
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering French, Italian cuisine in the former water company buildingSourcing local produce and serving quality food and serviceOpen for lunches & evenings
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have just returned from another lovely evening at D'Acqua in Sunderland. I am a fairly regular customer here but not that frequent, but I am always greeted with pleasure and recognition. The Maitre D' - I am very sorry, I don't know your name - is always attentive, helpful and makes you feel special. The menu makes the best use of fresh local produce, cooked beautifully and imaginatively. The important thing for me is that it is consistently good. I have never been disappointed, every meal I have had there has lived up to, and exceeded my expectations. The chef is young and ambitious and committed to providing an all round excellent dining experience. I always look forward to my return. Thanks everyone!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh handmade food at a brilliant price, staff are so friendly. If you visit you must try the chocolate torte. Divine!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Visited on a monday night and made sure we had booked a table beforehand as we know how busy it can get due to the early bird special being available all night. We arrived slightly early but just sat at the small bar then were showed to our seats are ordering our food. Starters arrived right away and were absolutely delicious! I opted for the potted rabbit and the wife had half a pint of prawns. For the main courses we both went for the sizzling platters, steak & chicken and the seafood option. Both were again delicious, i was very envious of the wifes seafood selection! Deserts followed straight after the main and were also very very tasty. This place is easily one of if not the, nicest restaurants in the area! So make sure you book!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We visited on Saturday evening for a family get-together and everything was perfect, from arranging easy access for my disabled mum to excellent food and service. There were nine of us and between us covered about 70% of the early bird menu, no one could find fault with anything. I had a meal at a Marco Pierre White restaurant earlier in the week, and whilst it could be described as nice, it was well beaten by the food I had at D'Acqua, flavour, presentation, value were all way better.
My mum, who rarely goes out due to health problems, told me yesterday what she is going to have on her next visit. That is some accolade!
This restaurant is a little gem of a place.
Thank you Jimmy, Andy and staff for being so accommodating -you all deserve every success.

jimmy_dacqua85, Owner at D'Acqua Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards, Jimmy

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was recommended this place by a good friend who visits regularly so was eager to try.

My wife and I have one night a month where we go out for dinner so chose this restaurant as our "date night"

On entering we were greeted by a very friendly host who showed into the waiting area where we sat and looked at the menu and enjoyed our drinks. It was great just relaxing on the sofa instead of sitting awkwardly at the table, we where shown to our table while our host took our drinks, something that doesn't happen too often these days.

Soon after sitting down our good arrived, I had a pint of prawns and I was not disappointed. It was messy it was time consuming but every bit was tremendous. My wife had the black pudding croquettes, again she enjoyed every bit. We opted for the surf and turf for main, again a brilliant choice. A huge steak cooked to perfection topped with meaty king prawns, too big that my wife couldn't eat all hers which made me happy. Despite that I still managed the rhubarb crumble desert which was a work of art ! !

With this in mind we visited again this week with my two year old for the early bird menu, cheaper price but in no way less quality. I had the potted rabbit and then the Seabass and I was over the moon with the whole meal.

The decor, service and food are amazing, this is now my new favourite restaurant and maybe the reason for my first trip advisor review.

1  Thank Mark_h1980

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes for 2014

Kind regards, Jimmy