“Rating says it all”

D'Acqua Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 433 Restaurants in Sunderland
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering French, Italian cuisine in the former water company buildingSourcing local produce and serving quality food and serviceOpen for lunches & evenings
Durham, United Kingdom
“Rating says it all”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Business Lunch for 2 today. Excellent menu, lovely staff, music low so we could talk, nothing a problem. Couldn't fault it.

• Visited June 2013
jimmy_dacqua85, Owner at D'Acqua Restaurant, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for you nice review, its nice to hear you found us great for your business lunch. Please do visit us again soon, regarding music it is a laid back feel but if any customers ever wanted we can reduce/increase volumes in all of the different areas at d'acqua. Also we have a private room that seats 2-6 comfortably but for private meeting maybe of some interest to yourself in the future or other business people reading these reviews

Kind regards. JImmy

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Another Great Sunday Lunch At D'acqua”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had Sunday lunch at D'acqua again yesterday and left feeling impressed again. This time I took my boyfriend who had never been and he was very impressed too, really enjoyed it. We got there around 12ish and it started to get busier very quick. Again the staff were very nice and professional, and the service is good. I said in my other review of D'acqua that the decor is very good and it still is... it's like being in a very upmarket restaurant (which it is of course!), only without the upmarket prices. It's still one of the best value and quality Sunday dinners I've ever had. Loved it. Oh and I used the loo this time and even those are very nice too hehe :)

• Visited June 2013
Hi thanks for you lovely review after your Sunday visit, its great to know you enjoyed the whole experience, as you mentioned it does look up market but we do not come with the pretentious side of things, we try to offer the best quality we can and in a relaxed atmosphere as you and many of our diners notice so thanks very much

Best wishes, Jimmy
Peterlee, Durham
“Top marks all round - a must when eating in Sunderland!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Been over a year since I was last at D'acqua and you really can't get much better than this place, happy to be able to give it 5 stars this time.
Everything about this place is quality, the owner and I believe head chef, Jimmy must really put all he has into this place and it shows.

£102 for five of us...fantastic value - £7.50 tip for the excellent service, the staff where very prompt, polite and friendly all night from the welcome to the goodbye.
We all had 3 courses, save 1 of us who was not feeling well, having just 2 course.
This included a few cokes each, few coffees, a cocktail and a good bottle of wine

Bad points?
None....one of us did mention the lighting being dim and yes, it is quite dark at D'acqua. Each to their own, I love the layout of the place, including the dim lights, I guess some would always prefer a bit more light.

2 vegetarians, 1 picky eater and 2 seasoned foodies all satisfied - Nice one Jimmy.

I wish I had taken a few pictures of the food, which was fantastically presented...every dish made with care and obvious dedication down to fine detail.
I am working in Sunderland city for a day or two a week during the next few months, will get some pictures up as I am sure to have dinner there at least once.

Look forward to next time!

• Visited June 2013
Hi thanks for reviewing us for the 2nd time after over a year it is nice to see that some of the points in the first review are no longer, we continue to grow and learn from customer feedback and we are delighted you now rate us so highly.

We hope to see you again soon as you mentioned and please do feel free to take some photos.

Best wishes, Jimmy
Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just superb..... you won't find better food in Sunderland.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Always amazing and consistently excellent. Busy and a great atmosphere last night with food and wine first class. Waiting staff were so pleasant and attentive. We ordered a beautiful Mad Fish Shiraz which was a great start to our evening. The Trio of Mushroom starter was so tasty and perfect for a mushroom lover like me. Main course was the fish sizzler and the pork taster board, omg, the pork taster board was awesome. I have never had braised pig cheeks before and they were a taste sensation! All of the fish was perfectly cooked and the vegetables were too, particularly loved the red cabbage. No room for dessert this time as the pork could have fed a small army!
Thank you for a great evening! Can't wait to come back and I always recommend D'Acqua to everyone!

• Visited May 2013
Thanks for you lovely review, nice to know you enjoyed it all and that you can not wait to come back.

Thank you for you custom as without nice customers such as yourself there wouldnt be a restaurant.

Best wishes Jimmy
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fabulous food and helpful staff - have eaten here 3 times now and it will not disappoint! The sizzlers are particularly good.

• Visited April 2013
Thanks for reviewing us here at D'acqua, I am glad you especially like the sizzlers. Very popular here and nice to know you enjoy them.

See you soon!