Queen Vic
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sunderland
See available hotels
  • Pool
    • Restaurant
    • Restaurant
    View Hotel
    All reviewsfunction roomsaturday lunchtimewill visit againpub grubbirthday partysea front
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Visted the queen Vic twice since done up for drinks and food..

Can get special 3 course for £5.95 on lunch time or £6.95 on tea time, 4 choices for starters and a few main meals then ice cream or coffee for dessert... Then they have a normal menu which we selected as didn't want starters....

first time was fab, hubby had burger and chips, I had chicken soulvaki with salad and chips... All tasted yummy and homemade ..... Was really nice and was surprised how nice 10/10

Second time I got mixed fajitas but wasn't very impressed, tasted very powdery and as if spices not cooked out, not nice with a small salad, tortilla wraps and tasteless salsa and sour cream.. wasn't worth the price of £9.95... Making me doubt if would go back ... 3/10 for mine...
    Hubby said his was lovely

Was really gutted as hate thinking pay for food and it's crap....
    Think you need to really think at what u pick off the menu!!! Shame really....
    Also when waitress cleared the plates she didn't ask if all was okay...don't like to complain but wasn't good to me, others may think it's nice but the fajitas certainly not!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
    DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

I apologise on your last visit our food and service wasn't up to our usual high standards, hopefully you and your partner will be joining us again in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I think this is a beautiful bar with friendly, welcoming staff and is in a great location just a 5 minute walk from the top centre shops. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice weekend away or even just a nice drink in the bar.

• Stayed: February 2014
    DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thanks for your positive feedback, we are pleased staff made you feel welcome hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Danielle

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visited in a party of about 30 people and should have guessed what sort of meal we would
    experience when we were all crammed into a space in which you could not leave the table
    without disturbing about 5 other diners.This apart the meal took at least 30 minutes to arrive and
    it was very poor quality.Having said that I think the waitresses were very pleasant,but this is one
    restaurant I will be avoiding in future,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
    Maz177, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

We are really spry that on the occasion you visited our standards were not up to our usual high standards for which we do apologise. We have taken everything you have commented on, on board and have taken steps to rectify the issues you have raised in your review.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

rude staff, bad food, not clean, it all looks quite shabby and old. as if it's a ghost building. it doesn't look well-maintained at all and we highly doubt the quality of the food there!!!!! overall: AVOID!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed July 11, 2013

Guys - I use tripadvisor as a honest and useful guide for people hence the write up. I stayed there 2 nights but it was terrible! Its NOT a hotel - its a pub with a rabbit warren of rooms on top! As I walked to the room, I could smell ganga or skunk and then through unlit cooridors to a large room with no soap or chairs! Next morning I made my way out form the pub through a fire exit - no breakfast facility! When I got back, I found my room had not been done. I complained and they came to do it. I complained and did not feel that the money I paid was fair for what I got. they took some off. Overrall - they need to really appreciate that we are their guests and be treated as such. If you are a lone or female - don't stay there - I did not feel safe. Oh-see the attached picture of the stay on all night light in window - did not get sleep as room was well lit. I give up.

Room Tip: choose the Best Western about 500yards down the road!
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business