“Lovely Cantonese Banquet”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cantonese Banquet”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was a special night with a special friends. We chose the banquet for four people because we like to have a variety of tastes. It was really very nice and we all ate with chopsticks apart from my husband who just couldn't manage them. The restaurant was quite busy but the staff are very organized and observant and ready to serve the next course and just keep the table going. I liked the lazy Susan idea as well. All in all a very relaxing meal out in a lovely restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

North East UK
“Back For More”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

After our first visit a couple of months ago, we came back for lunch bringing our two young children with us. Another fantastic meal, served by very friendly and helpful staff.

We enjoyed a variety of starters which the kids loved, well cooked and presented and gorgeous main meals - generous portions, we couldn't finish it all! We had a lovely time, the restaurant was quite busy being a Friday lunchtime which says a lot about how good it is. Local people flock here for great tasting, freshly cooked food. We wouldn't go anywhere else now, as yes, it isn't a 'flashy' place - but, boy is the food good!

• Visited April 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Needs refurb”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This establishment been open for years. Food is ok. Service ok. Could do with redecoration. Looking tired

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deborah360
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times food is lovely there was nothing I could fault, great staff and great food will be returning

• Visited April 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Family Favourite”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I visited this restaurant yesterday to celebrate my dad's birthday. We came for the £8:00 for 3 courses lunchtime special.
Greeted by the ever-friendly staff, we were shown to our table. Soup or fruit juice to start, followed by about 20 different mains and then pineapple fritter/ice cream or coffee for afters.
I chose the chicken and sweetcorn soup, absolutely lovely, didn't need to season it, then came the king prawn curry with onions - have to say, I love this dish and it never lets me down, big, juicy, plump prawns, and for dessert, I had the pineapple fritter, which was crispy and delicious. My dad had the chicken chow mein dish and he said that he thoroughly enjoyed it, the chicken was very tender.
We love this restaurant and over the years have used it on many different family occasions. I would say that the decor maybe needs a refresh but I would gladly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014