“Cafe' Spice 2000”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Sunderland
“Cafe' Spice 2000”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Cafe' Spice 2000 since it first opened in 2000 and sadly, recently the previous owner retired and it changed ownership. I can only say that it was for the better!!!. We are again regular diners and the standards of food and service are again excellent. We went with some friends and they too were full of praise for the new standards that are being set.The food that was served was first class, freshly cooked and to a high standard. The new staff were totally friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a very pleasant evening. I have nothing but praise for the new owner and I wish him every success, if he keeps the high standards he is setting, he will undoubtedly achieve success.

• Visited October 2013

Yarm
“Looking forwards to our next visit”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Cafe Spice changed hands four months ago and so we were skeptical about our visit. I am pleased to say it was a real pleasure. The food was beautifully cooked. You could tell that it was freshly and individually prepared. ! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was really relaxing and welcoming. I could nt highly recommend you visit enough

• Visited October 2013
N Yorks
“Great find”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recommended to us by our guest house hosts. The food was excellent. Better than most other Indian restaurants. Well presented and more than generous portions. Attentive waiters, but not obtrusive. Couldn't fault it.

Visited October 2013
““Great food, tentative service and lovely establishment.””
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Being a motor trader and mostly working away from home travelling to different cities trying different Indian restaurants, iv got to say nothing is comparison to the Cafe Spice in Sunderland the food was always nice but when me and my partner went on this occasion leaving the kids we where made aware the place was under new management . Initial impression on the new management was excellent, the previous owners where very good aswell however, we felt the new staff had more passion & enthusiasm to succeed as we felt they where going that extra mile for us. I was quickly taken to the table where we had two poppadoms with a plate of different pickles which went down very well with the cold pint of cobra. Syed (manager/owner?) Was brilliant and helped me & my partner choose starters & main dishes from the new exciting menu. To start we had Baja Mas (which is the fish) were beautifully cooked and certainly good quality (very little gristle) and delicately spiced also Onion Bhajis nicely well done and crispy. Mains followed with a special chicken & spinach dish which was full of flavour, fresh herbs and spices were very evident also my partners tikka chicken main on the sizzler was just mouthwatering! This all eaten with thin chappatis & lovely fluffy pilau rice. I have to admit I was very sceptical even after reading the existing tripadvisor reviews..but this place certainly deserves its praises and I for one will certainly be back.

• Visited July 2013
uk
“Good food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have been coming here years. Tried it recently since new management. Food excellent and no ghee which sometimes was a problem before. My only complaint is that the lighting is too bright. It would be so much nicer with subdued lighting or candles. I' m sure business would improve if someone addressed this.

• Visited August 2013