“Stunning views,lovely dining area but average food”

Jack Rabbit Vineyard
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Australia
“Stunning views,lovely dining area but average food”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had dinner here with some friends.The dining area is lovely and the views are great as they would be at any time of year.A bit noisy for my liking but this is common in modern restaurants now, which is a pity.
I felt this could be a fantastic place but they need a really good chef to raise the quality of the food, which was quite disappointing for a restaurant of this calibre.The snapper was very ordinary and a little overcooked, steak was good, but served in a puddle of mashed potatoes and the broccolini was ordinary broccoli not broccolini as stated on the menu.
Service was efficient and prompt but smiles were hard to come by!
Jack Rabbit could be a wonderful place to eat with a little more attention to providing top quality meals.

• Visited January 2014
Lyndsay S, Owner at Jack Rabbit Vineyard, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thanks for your feedback re. your recent visit to Jack Rabbit Vineyard, it's appreciated. I have passed on your comments to our culinary team and floor staff. We look forward to welcoming you to Jack Rabbit again in the very near future. Cheers, Lyndsay Sharp, General Manager.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic location but service lacking”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Visited this venue twice over the Christmas holiday period and both times came away disappointed with the standard of service.
The first time my husband and I paid our $5 each and did the wine tasting which was great until 'a big spender' came along and we felt quite ignored. We had drinks outside on the deck with my family and half an hour before closing my son attempted to buy two more beers but gave up after being ignored.
The second time it was just my husband and I and we asked if there were any tables available for lunch - this was around 11.30am. The rather stressed lady replied that they were fully booked. I might add that she was also having to answer the telephone plus take coffee orders plus make and serve them. Perhaps a lack of staff on the day we visited? We enjoyed our coffees looking at the fabulous scenery but noted that reservations on tables were made for 1pm - we would have been more than happy for a quick bite and to vacate the table in time for the next sitting!
As we were leaving we thought we would make one final attempt at dining at Jack Rabbit so we walked over to the restaurant which was completely empty. The gentleman at the desk asked if he could assist us and my husband asked if there was a table for two available. "Absolutely not" we were told before he strode off. So we gave up!
Perfect location but maybe a few lessons in hospitality are needed.

• Visited January 2014
Lyndsay S, Owner at Jack Rabbit Vineyard, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for getting in contact and expressing your concerns about your experience - we do get extremely busy/booked out - often it can be dead quiet at 11.30am and totally full by 12 noon but I certainly don't like to think you felt our staff were discourteous in advising you of this and can only apologise. I have notified all senior floor staff of your comments with a view to improvement and hope you can see it to come and visit us again sometime.
Regards, Lyndsay Sharp, Owner/General Manager
Drysdale, Australia
“BARRY G”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited Jack Rabbit to make booking for evening meal at restaurant, decided to have lunch at the wine tasting section, this was very good, both food and service and price was very reasonable.
Four of us ate at the restaurant, views and surroundings were great, it was a pity about the noise but we were warned their was a Christmas party. I still think the noise situation would need looking at as the meals were served and the food , what there was of it was excellent, my only real gripe was I ordered rack of lamb and I do not think ONE lamb chop is could be called a rack of lamb.
Would go back for lunch but Oakdene or the likes offer better value for money.

• Visited December 2013
Dear Barry, Thank you for your feedback re. your Jack Rabbit experience. Re. the noise level, we are currently installing sound absorbing foam underneath all chairs in the Restaurant which will hopefully sort that side of things out whilst still retaining a happy medium of sound ambience internally. Re. the lamb, it's actually a four point lamb rack but I have passed your comments onto our Executive Chef. Again, thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jack Rabbit Vineyard in the near future. Cheers, Lyndsay Sharp, General Manager.
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went to Jumping Jack's last night. Loved it. Best restaurant I have been to in years (and anywhere in the world). An informal atmosphere set in a modern building with large panoramic windows showing off the magnificent view over the vineyards and bay to a distant Melbourne. Perfect service that was there when you needed it but not was not when you didn't (so not the over attentive starched suit staff some like). Food was perfect, modern and with just the right portion size. The wine even better (and the staff are quite happy to let you try the wine before you choose). All in all well worth a visit

Dear Victor,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback re. your recent dining experience at Jack Rabbit Vineyard. We are all delighted you felt it worthy of such high praise. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Cheers, Lyndsay Sharp, General Manager.
Hyderabad, India
“A little disappointing for a fine dining venue.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The most beautiful venue in the area and a fantastic view from the restaurant. However, for all its beauty the service seemed a little disappointing.

Upon asking for an extra bread roll i was told " i cant do any more bread rolls"! Shocking to say the least for a fine dining restaurant, especially when so many others around us were being served rolls. It seemed to me the person serving us did not belong there... Hardly a smile, rushed orders, curt service.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for your feedback re. your experience at Jack Rabbit Vineyard. I have passed on your comments to our Floor Staff and Floor Managers. We have been working very hard to ensure our service is top notch and hope to welcome you back to Jack Rabbit in the near future. Cheers, Lyndsay Sharp, General Manager.