“Great Beachside Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Larvik
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Beachside Hotel!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Nearly new hotel right on the beach in Larvik. Very modern yet very comfortable. Great views of the water. Quiet, clean and comfortable room. Great spa facilities. Used their business conference room which was set up very well. Great breakfast included with the room. Great service from the staff. Will definitely repeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had an exelent stay at Farris Bad. This modern hotel has an exciting architecture at the beach of Larvik. The Spa department had a lot to offer. And there was direct access to the sea from the Spa.
The restaurant served good food. And the breakfast was ecelent.
We also spent one day on the Telemark canal which also was an excelent trip.

Room Tip: We had a room with balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ragnar N
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Me and my spose spent two nights in this wonderfull hotel, and it really made our summer perfect! The room, the silence, the environment, the Spa and the breakfast buffet put together by meat, fish and vegetables from nearby made us feel relaxed and healthy. With green apples and fresh water available all the time, we felt refreshed and calm inside when we had to leave. We were able to check out at 5 in the afternoon, which gave us time to enjoy the Spa one last time. The service was excellent all the way through our stay. We'd love to come back:)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nykoping, Sweden
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have been here 4 summers in a row and we just LOVE this place! So many different pools and saunas makes you have different options for what you feel like right then. Close by you find quaint villages right by the sea.
Farris bad is paradise to me and my friend. Sure it would be even better if you would go here with someone you love, but there are no problems with going here with a good friend.
I recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Chose a room facing the beach. In that way you will see the sun all afternoon and evening
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a lovely weekend at Farris Bad! The main facility is naturally the excellent spa, as the area around is not overwhelmingly exciting... However, the hotel is situated on a lovely beach, and the sea view is fantastic. I think the best way to enjoy the view is from the terrace, as the rooms facing the sea are very expensive. The relaxing atmosphere and comfortable furniture also makes this the perfect place to have lunch after a morning in the spa. Lunch and breakfast were excellent, but the service at dinner was a bit disappointing because it took unusually long time, and when we did get the food some of the ingredients had been changed without our approval. It is a small detail, but it does matter in the overall experience.
However, it is a great place to spend a weekend in relaxing surroundings.

Room Tip: As close to the sea as possible. Then you could see the ocean without paying for a room with sea vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have tried many of the different rooms at Farris Bad Hotel, and overall I'm very pleased. I would say it is the best hotel along the eastern coast of Norway. But like every other hotel it has it's deficiencies.

My preferable stays have been much due to the location of the room. The rooms located on the southern side of the hotel comes with a balcony and also sun after noon and forward on. The downside is that the room becomes to hot and uncomfortable on a sunny day, but I would absolutely recommend you to choose one of these rooms.

Once I had a room that was located on the northern side of the hotel, and it was a terrible experience. The room was way to dark, and I felt a little bit trapped. This room was also only equipped with shower, instead of both shower and bathtub like in the other rooms I've tried.

The general standards of the rooms are good and modern. On the southern side they are also bright and spacey. Some small damages here and there, but overall the standard is very good. The rooms that offer both shower and bathtub gives a luxury feeling. The beds are big and very comfortable and always gives me good nights sleep. It has never been any noise or disturbance outside the hotel. The seaside location is very relaxing, which is perfect for a spa hotel.

I have not really taken advantage of the spa area of the Hotel but the few times I've tried it, I have been pleasing. The gym in Farris Bad Hotel is by far the best hotel gym I've tried. It offers everything you need for a good work out: treadmills, cross trainers, dumbbells and different machines.

The breakfast does not really live up to my expectations. It's ok, but nothing special. The staff has almost always been very friendly and helpful.

One of the biggest downsides of the hotel is the Internet coverage. In some rooms my mobile device and computer won't even find the network. which can be very annoying.

All together Farris Bad Hotel is a very good hotel, although the price is rather high I would still recommend it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Choose a southern room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Spa is superb, but the Hotel was way under expectation considering the price. The room/bed was good, even if I had expected an upgrade considering I booked two packages, but extremely noisy as it was above the restaurant/bar. The Hotel seems to be very attractive for groups/seminars so if you want to spend a calm week-end it get's difficult. The restaurant was okayisch as some dishes were very tastefull, others like the veal is to be avoided. They tried to double bill me twice for a dinner and a bottle so be carefull on check out/restaurant bills. Then you add some small disapointments like no welcome drink when you arrive, rooms available only from 4pm and parking is extra even though you spend a lot of money already booking the place, so in general I would say it was a quite dissapointing experience. I would recommend to take another Hotel and go there for the Spa.

Room Tip: do not take rooms to the inside (restaurant/bar) or as much as possible towards the sea
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lutz L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larvik
Quality Hotel Grand Farris
Quality Hotel Skaergaarden
Trudvang Gjestegaard
Trudvang Gjestegaard
#4 of 5 in Larvik

Been to Farris Bad Hotel? Share your experiences!