“Probably the best Radisson in Norway.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen

Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gardermoen
Stavern, Norway
“Probably the best Radisson in Norway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Radisson hotels in Norway are of different qualities. This one is probably the best in Norway. It is located just 200 meters away from the check in at the airport. This is very hand for early departures. Being located far out of the Oslo city center, it is still only 19 minutes away from Oslo center with the airport express train. There is a direct entrance to the station from the hotel. The rooms are very nice, well insulated from noise from the airport. The breakfast is also superb and is being served from 5 o`clock in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norwegian1905
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay with us - we highly appreciate your great feedback! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you have highlighted about our hotel. Positive reviews like your helps the team staying motivating and delivering our 'Yes I can' philosophy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us!

With kind regards,
Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Longyearbyen, null, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is just acroos the airport, in 1 minute or less you are there. To find other hotel nearby you must take a taxi (which are very expensive in Oslo) or take the shuttle buss(cheap). It is a little expensive, but it whort it in my opnion. Once I booked a suit for 2 + one child, but later a friend needed a place to crash the same night, so the hotel fixed an extra bed for her, and it was fair price for that. They showed us flexibility with short notice. The staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurant is good, but yet expensive. Good service, nothing to complain. Breakfast it is great. I stayed there several times, and probably next time I need to overnight at Gardemoen I will choose Radisson if I can. It makes simple. When I am travelling I like to relax and do things the easiest way, so this is a perfect choice. Rooms are clean and nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daiane F
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us - your feedback is highly appreciated!
We are happy to read about all the positive elements about our hotel that you have summarized very well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

With best regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Reflecting on the last out of 4-5 stays this might be too harsh, but it is really an experience far, far out of the class the hotel supposedly should be.

Upon late check-in I immediately had an inclination as my desk clerk had to do several whispering questions to her supervisor before I got a room. At first I was pleasantly surprised by a newly refurbished room, though I realized the smell of fresh paint could turn some off.

A more basic issue was that you didn't need any key to open the door to the room.

Hence, moving to a new room. Notably even fresher smell of paint - ok. Very dirty toilet - eh, well it's getting too late to bother with details.

Closet stuffed with sanding dust - could have been a real spoiler, but I realized before putting my only suit for the Business trip in.

As the hour was getting late I also didn't mind the non-functioning safety chain, the empty minibar or the fact that the tv wasn't connected.

But when I got into bed, and the itch started, it got to me. I am not at all allergic. But these linen gave me an itch. Trying to minimize damage I put on extra underwear as protection, but having spent another hour, I realized I was developing a rash and this situation would not resolve itself.

It was at this time I found out the room phone was also out of order.

The third room had a stained carpet, also the tv was out of order and there wasn't any soap in the bathroom.

But I have found a brandy in the minibar, the linen doesn't seem to be a health hazard and so - letting this steam go - I hope there will also be a chance to catch what may now be a 2.5 hours' sleep before I have to rush to my flight.

Thank you Radisson? Maybe not.

To balance this; I've been here before as mentioned. A couple of quite pleasant stays, and one more on the annoying side though not at this level.

How do I conclude? If close to half the stays in a place at this price level comes down to expectations I'd have at a rural two-star in developing countries, the hotel management is stretching it. Far. Don't spend money on quality by chance.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Bersto
Jörgen L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We value all feedback coming from our guests as an opportunity to continue to improve our services and products in our hotel.

We were of course very concerned to read your review and we take serious note for the inconvenience you were caused.

In the renovation process of our hotel, we have mistakenly opened up guestrooms that were not ready for sales in our system. We are truly apologetic for this happening and that you were affected by our mistake. This is certainly not the level of service and quality that we want to be known for by our guests and we can fully understand your frustrations concerning this. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we have caused you.

I can ensure you that we have discussed this happening internally with the management to avoid something like this from happening again.

Jörgen Ljunggren
Dusseldorf, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here because of its very close proximity to the airport - just a short walk from the terminal. The bad smell in the foyer surprised me but presumed it was just fleeting. Unfortunately it persisted during my whole stay. The room was ok but needs general good clean and renovating. Hotels in Norway are expensive but I expected more from this chain and for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WebWestward
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is very important to us and I am therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience your experienced.
I will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required. Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss these concerns further.

We hope that we can accommodate you again. Welcome back to us.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

On our return flight from Svalbard to Brazil, we made a stopover in Oslo, and stayed at the Radisson Blu. It is very close to the airport terminal, but the path is not entirely sheltered from the weather. The rooms are very nice and comfortable rooms, with free wi-fi internet connection.
Breakfast service starts at 05:00 AM, which is very convenient when you have an early flight to catch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us here on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed the early breakfast.
We hope that we can accommodate you again in the future - welcome back!

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Closest hotel to Gardermoen airport Oslo. Very good hotel. Polite and helpful staff. Solid breakfast. Rooms of high standard.
Lot of cheaper hotels available around and in Oslo centre, but if someone else foots the bill or you have sufficient funds, this is definately a recommendable airport choice.

Room Tip: You can choose between Maritime, oriental and scandinavian rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service from our staff to be pleasant. We hope that we can wish you welcome back in the future.

With best regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

...it is no use that the rooms are large and renovated, when the lack in basic stuff like cleanliness and beds.

There were urine stains on the toilet :-(
The mattresses where way too hard, at least for my back, and I was more awake than sleeping during the night.
The shower kept shifting from really hot to really cold constantly, even when the water had been running for ten minutes.

On the plus side, they had beautiful, large rooms, quick check-in, and a large breakfast buffet. Only 3 minutes walk to the main terminal at Oslo airport.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anders A
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide us with our feedback here on Tripadvisor.
I was truly concerned to read about the inconvenience during your stay with us. Unfortunately the experience that you had was below the standards of quality that we want to deliver.
I would like to apologize for the disappointment you have had during your stay with us. We will take your feedback with us to improve ourselves in the future.
Would you like to contact this concern further, please contact us directly and we will be happy to discuss these matters with you.