Another very good Norwegian hotel. We stayed for one night before flying out at the end of our trip. This hotel is very convenient for people using the airport. We cancelled our stay at the Norlandia after reading reviews and booked the Rica instead. We ended up paying about $25 less and, based on the reviews, feel we made the right choice.
- 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport (platform B25, 50Kr per person) The shuttle comes every 1/2 hour.
- Beds were clean and comfortable. Not too hard like many hotels we have stayed at.
- Adjustable shower heads which are great for tall people
- Breakfast was basic but good. Less choices than at other hotels but enough to start your day and they had a hot option (sunny side up eggs)
- On site restaurant open at meal times (We only had the free breakfast here though)
- Shares a parking lot with McDonalds and a very decent gas station market if you are hungry during times that their restaurant isn't open
- They have a minibar refrigerator which is great for keeping drinks cold
Here are some things to consider when choosing this hotel:
- They have no computer for you to use, but they do have Internet access if you bring your own computer
- They advertised room service but it is not full room service. I would call it snack room service.
- As mentioned above, the restaurant isn't open all day and there are no full service restaurants near by (only fast food equivalents)
- You must place your key in the master switch to get the lights and outlets to work in your room. Since you must take your key with you when you leave anyone wanting to charge batteries can only do it when you are in the room and you can't do it overnight unless you want some lights on while you sleep. The hotel may have a solution to this issue, but we didn't check with them. So, this is just a friendly heads up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scandic Gardermoen is a central, practical, sensible meeting place. It is only 7 minutes from the airport by car or bus, easily accessible from the E6 motorway.For our staying guests and conference guests the hotel offers free parking outside the hotel. There is a shuttle bus which goes to and from the airport ( children under the age of 16 years is free ). Scandic Gardermoen is a full-service hotel, which has taken into account the need for comfort sought after both by families with children and business travellers.The brightly decorated rooms at Scandic Gardermoen have private bathrooms with a shower. All with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, work desk and trouser press. Guests can work out in the gym. Meals are available at the hotel restaurant, which has an open fireplace. Drinks are available in the bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating. Oslo city centre is a 35-minute drive from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Scandic Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Gardermoen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gardermoen Rica Hotel