“not far from airport but very quiet and pleasant”
Review of Scandic Gardermoen

Scandic Gardermoen
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Reviewed May 19, 2014

stayed here twice with my job very pleasant hotel not far from airport 2 minutes but no aircraft noise there is a MacDonald next door if you need it , rooms very clean staff very helpful no bar you have to ask at reception if you need a drink kept in chillers below reception but no problems , breakfast typical Norse very good though. nothing around it but industry but very quiet and relaxing . bed very com fee all amenities in rooms

Room Tip: any room at this hotel it very clean as you would expect been Norway no faults what so ever
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Scandic Gardermoen

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is an low budget hotel close to the Gardermoen Airport (I paid 72 punds for a night). As most low budget Hotels it is no luxury, but clean and nice. I lived on the ground floor and feared noise from the MacDonald vis a vis, but it was not too bad.

I have never understood why people sometimes complain about the breakfast in Norwegian Hotels. You are always served both English and Continental breakfast and you have plenty to choose among.

The service at the breakfast was suberb.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are fronting an McDonalds, can be a bit noisy. Ask for the other side of the Hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
RicaHotel, Front Office Manager at Scandic Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hello!

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! I am glad you had a nice stay at our hotel, I agree with the rooms towards McDonalds. It is a good idea to ask for a room facing back when you check in, we will try to comply with your request as far as possible.

In our restaurant you can enjoy every morning from 04:00 a delicious and energetic breakfast composed in collaboration with Olympiatoppen.

I welcome you back at our hotel Rica Hotel Gardermoen!

Front Office & Revenue Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hi to every traveler that looking to stay near Gardemoen Airport in Oslo! I was in Oslo just for a night and i would like to tell you about the worse hotel I ever stayed in! I am living in Spain in the city of the hotels, Benidorm. I have plenty friends that own hotels and worked there most of their life and I never heard of anything like this! When I arrived at the most boring and looking very cheap wouldn't call it a hotel, maybe a hostal i got to the reception to pay first and the woman that worked there was very nice and because of my card been to worn out for a reason ( i think) that I love shopping to much and trying not to carry a cash with me all the time for reason of living in Benidorm, I propose to the receptionist that I give her a cash that I will need later and when I settled down in a room I get another card for her so she can charge me then, she agreed to that, it's was very nice thing to do because I was so tired of the traveling, i had to be at Alicante airport at 5 am, then 4 hour flight and every thing else, i just wanted to take my heels off and wear something more comfortable.
While I was getting a change, checking a room, by the way, the room it's very low standard. The receptionists are changed the shifts and my boy friend went to the reception and ask this big blond lady if we can have our cash back and that we will pay her ammidiatly with the bank card as I agree with another women that was working earlier. The answer was very strong NO and that I had to come back in the morning for her to charge me on the card. I have to leave the hostal at about 6am and the last thing i want to do its to deal with all that That early. get ready, get dressed and get out! After that I felt robbed, honestly to say! We left more cash then the room costed, just to be nice! I know that she have not got any right to hold my money. I am the costumer and I know that is my choice if I want to pay with the a card or a cash. This women was very rood and if i was the owner of this place i would think twice if i want to employ her, her behavior make the hotel loose clients . I'm Russian nationality and I expect the service to be done properly. I stayed in many hotels around the world and never experiend nothing like this! So the point of all of this: BE CAREFULL in RICA HOTEL Gardemoen. And another thing if you are smoker it's no balconys or any thing so every time you want your friend a ciggarette you have to forget about that one. Nothing to do in the area, nothing to do in the hotel and the restaurant which again I wouldn't call a restaurant that more looks like a cafe opens at 6 pm. No lunch, but it's not a problem because you always can get your healthy meal at McDonalds, right next to the hostal, and I mean it's no more then 30 metter from the hostal and 24 hours, and you get the cars driving all the time, feels like they drive it through your room! Thanks for reading and if your are still decided to stay here really good luck to you and make sure that the things I experience, won't happend to you! It's never again from us!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vera G
RicaHotel, General Manager at Scandic Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hello Vera G.

I m so sad that you got this experience at our hotel. It s a company policy that we need a credit card for authorization and payment of the room, before we rent it out. We can also have a cash deposit if the guest don´t have a card. The hotel whit staff and me are wery sorry that you didn`t like how our hotel looks, and your feedback will be presented too the owners of the hotel.

The staff of Rica Hotel Gardermoen will use your feed back, to get better in our daily work here at the hotel. We thank you for your feedback that`s the only way, that we can do better, and to get more satisfied guest.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you need somewhere to sleep close to the airport, Rica Hotel Gardemoen is NOT the place you want to stay. Rooms are allright, but it seriously needs an update. And there is nothing to do in this area if your not a huge fan of Mcdonalds. My experience with the service is bad, but that is only one persons fault. The one that checked us in was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RicaHotel, Manager at Scandic Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2014

Dear SKommedal,

I am sad to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I do hope you would consider to stay with us in the future, If you do so please contact me directly and I will do my very best to ensure you will have a pleasant stay.

Best regards,

Joel Andersson
joel.andersson@rica.no
Conference Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a popular conference hotel near the airport. Convenient if you need to stay overnight for an early flight. However be warned: There is absolutely nothing to do at this place, so minimize the time you spend here. The hotel is located in an intersection, and not even a walk in nice surroundings seems possible. Also you will not want to eat here. They cater to large groups of conference pariticipants and the food tastes really bland.
The rooms are okay, could do with some renovation. Those of them which faces the parking area near the reception should be avoided - noise from people who go outside to smoke - some of them in party mood with loud voices.
A few minutes to the airport with shuttle S22. Ticket Nok 70 can be bought at the bus

Room Tip: The rooms which faces the parking area near the reception should be avoided - You will need to have...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a very good airport hotel. The rooms are quite ok and needs upgrades but still very nice. Good beds with big pillows. The restaurant is very good and the service is excellent. The shuttle take you to the airport or the train station in just a few minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello Jørgen!

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay and a good night sleep in our hotel! All our beds were new in 2013, Rica Hotels is committed to do our best to make you sleep well with us. We are now offering a pillow menu in all our rooms. With five different pillow options we want you to choose the pillow that fits you best.

I welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are visiting Gardermoen!

Best regards
Front Office & Revenue Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was literally in Oslo overnight so decided to stay close to the airport. The airport shuttle bus runs every 30 mins and this hotel is one of its stops. I booked online direct with the hotel. Check in was quick and easy. Staff explained the services available. Breakfast was excellent, so many choices both hot and cold. Very impressed. The room was comfortable, love the heated floor in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Maybe ask for a room on the top floor as I could hear people walking around upstairs, but for one night, it was not an issue. On checkout, I was offered the opportunity to buy my shuttle bus ticket from the hotel and charge it to my bill, very convenient. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hello!

Thank you for your review, that is of great value for us and for future travelers! I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay, a good night sleep and good breakfast at our hotel!

As a comment the shutlebus is driving every 15 minute weekdays and every 30 minutes weekend. Please have a look at the schedule:

I welcome you back to our hotel!

Best regards