Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat conferenceshuttle servicelarge hotelgreat bedevery half hourconference facilitiesclean roomsthe busnice stayfried eggsbreakfast and lunchthe breakfast areafantastic breakfastopen the windowlate at nightbusiness tripnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights the first of February for business. The room was a decent size, by Europe standards, the room was clean and everything worked. The breakfast was very well laid out and plentiful and the internet connection worked well. The reception staff was very helpful for check in and check out and for several questions during the stay.
All good for business travel.
I would stay here again.
You can buy a bus ticket on Bus 44 at the airport to get you over to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HenrikClarion, Hotelldirektör at Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thanks for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Don't wait to long for your next visit, looking forward to welcome you back! Best regards, Henrik

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've realised that I nearly always give places a Very Good rating. It's difficult because average is so, well, average. So let's get to the point. This was very reasonably priced when you look at hotel prices in Oslo. There is a bus at the airport that takes you to the hotel entrance (S44 - bus stop 36 out the front of arrivals) for 70NOK - the hotel is about 5kms or around 15-20 mins from the airport on snowy roads. This was recommended by the Information desk guy in arrivals. It cost me 550NOK for the night, including a substantial buffet breakfast. My room was clean and comfortable. It is clear that the hotel is not brand new. I had a good night's sleep, the bathroom was fine and the shower hot. The breakfast offered a good selection of fruit, cereals, yoghurt, waffles, usual cold cuts, cheeses, vegetables, different types of salats, delicious bread, croissants, hot food, such as potatoes, eggs, bacon, etc. For this price I think it was well worth it. To give you some perspective, online prices at the Radisson Blu, which is outside the airport terminal, were around 1800NOK.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HenrikClarion, Hotelldirektör at Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. And now when the sun has melted away it is less than 10 minutes with shuttle bus to the airport. Hope you had a good trip back home. Best regards, Henrik

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a large conference hotel, near an airport. The room was fine and the bed was comfortable. The food for lunch and breakfast was acceptable and I really enjoyed being able to make my own orange juice for breakfast.

The reason I'm giving the hotel a poor rating, however, is because the hotel messed up and charged my credit card for my room, instead of billing my employer as per our agreement. As they stated that everything was in order at checkout, I was very surprised to see the charge on my card a few days later. They apologized profusely when we notified them of their mistake, but I found it rather unprofessional that they would charge a guests credit card without authorization in a situation like this.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HenrikClarion, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Anna thanks for your feedback during your stay. I would be glad if you could contact me or our finance office to make sure everything is solved with your billing. My concern is also that we have all details correct in our system so this not happens again for you or your colleagues. We are truly sorry for this unacceptable mistake. Hope you give us a new chance.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Had an early flight from Oslo Airport on 2nd day of Christmas, so I decided to stay the night on one of the airport hotels. The staff members were very friendly and welcoming and the room was a typical Norwegian hotel room with bathroom, a large bed and a desk with television and mini bar.
Since I stayed here during christmas holidays the room service was limited with only a few of the meals on their menu available. Breakfast in the morning was very good with bread, toppings, egg, bacon, sausages etc. Hotel has wifi coverage in all rooms and access is free of charge. All in all, I was satisfied with my stay at Clarion Oslo Airport except for the housekeeping. When I entered my room the first time, there was toilet paper in the toilet. The toilet water was not coloured, so hopefully the toilet paper had not been used for wiping private areas, but still.... it shouldn't be there. Also instead of having one large sheet on my bed, there were two rather small sheets that made a huge gap, so I had to stretch out the sheets every now and then during the night.
The hotel is located just 10 minutes ride with the bus from Oslo Airport. Oslo Airport shuttle bus service costs 70 NOK and parks right outside the door, while Ruter regular bus serivice costs 30 NOK and stops 2 minutes walk from the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HenrikClarion, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are sorry for the inconvienience with your sheets on the bed. We were out of big sheets due to change of laundry supplier so we had some challanges during a couple of days that now are solved. And you are absolutly right the paper shouldn´t have been there upon your arrival, we have now looked into our routines. I hope that you will visit us soon again and try out our brand new bed linnen that are wonderful. I also would appreciate if you ask for me upon arrival then we will try to do something extra for you.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

First of all, Norway is a very expensive country so everthing from food, taxi and hotels will cost you a lot of money... I stay at this hotel very often and I'm super satisfied with it. Helpful and friendly staff, nice breakfast buffet and good wi-fi service. It takets you 15 minutes to get to the airport by shuttle bus (costs 70 NOK)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HenrikClarion, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thanks for your review! As a frequent guest your feedback is very important so when you find things that you don´t like please tell us. Looking forward to welcome you back to us during 2014.