“Nice stay, funky and crisp. Poor service during dinner.”

Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotel lies very conveniently a 2 min walk from the airport entrance. Swift check in, nice clean room. Not the best view...towards the parking house (well, what do I expect, I stay at an airport hotel) But new interior and overall a very nice experience arriving in my room. Slept very well. Friendly front desk that helped me to figure out my way to the destination in Oslo the next day. Fast and professional check out.
I decided to eat dinner on my arrival night at the hotel restaurant. There I have one of my worst experience from the waiter. After he gave me the menue, he ignored me for 25 min (there where 5 more tables occupied, otherwise the restaurant was empty). When I at last could order my sandwich and something to drink, it took another 25 minutes for the food to arrive and he forgot my drinks. I had to remind him again after 10 min that I still wanted something to drink, by that time I nearly had finished my sandwich. Well, he never came back. I paid the bill to another waiter (there where to in that restaurant). Luckily they did not bill me for the drinks I never got. I was pretty angry when going back to the room and regretted that I did not complained on the spot, but it was already too late in the night and I wanted to go to bed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hitsambredi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having arrived into Oslo airport on a late flight this was a great location to just sit down and rest, once I checked in the hotel felt extremely modern,
Rooms are excellently decorated with funky furniture and colours
Breakfast was served From 5am for my connection the following day
Good all round value topped with a modern feel

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Although it is named "Radisson". We had not the real "used to be" Radisson high Standard there. It was just a normal 3 Star hotel and the Reception Staff was pretty cold and obvisly not liked to serve the Guests.
Breakfast was large, but not very nice furnished.
Good was, that it was just 2 minutes walk to the Airpeort Terminal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We spent three nights here, arriving late and departing overseas 4am so it appeared to be a logical choice. Not withstanding Norway is expensive but any attention to detail is lacking at the Park Inn. One would expect more from a Radission Blu at over $300 per night. Light was out in bathroom, toilet seat barely on - twice it was brought to the front desk attention and twice was not dealt with Bath towels keep changing amount (will we have 1 or 2?). The common area has many stains on lounge chairs.
We were finally offered a minimal discount which was accepted, in all fairness, but overall it was a poor experience. Apart from one staff in bar area the rest were over worked and made a point of no eye contact to order food. It appears to cater to large groups whom will not return -

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had an early departure so elected to stay at the airport. We were pleasantly surprised by this modern hotel, which is a five minute walk by a covered walkway from the terminal.

Our room, 6103, was spacious and felt even larger through the clever design and custom furnishings. Some examples: the desk top was angled so that it was slim where one could be making their way around a bed, and wider near the wall; the window angled out and there was a large triangular bench there large enough to lie down on. The room was very clean, included good bathroom amenities, hair dryer and in room safe.

We used the Flybussen to get in and out of Oslo and found that to be very easy transport (not cheap, but this is Norway and it is much easier to enjoy if you just don't bother trying to convert things back to your own currency).

We did not eat at the hotel as we were in Oslo until later in the evening had an early morning flight.

Groups use this hotel but it did not affect us at either check-in or check-out.

Great value for money at a clean, modern hotel, which made an early morning flight much easier to make.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Long back when I went to Europe first time I stayed in this hotel for just last day of my trip. Since my flight was early morning so I decide to sleep hotel near airport and it was good decision. As usual it is occidental hotel, rooms were basic and compare to other European contraries it was over priced. Food was OK, as they don't have famous cuisine from this part of the world. Staff is very good and friendly. This is one of the country where I hardly found anyone telling lie.
Wishes.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed there one night. The hotel is not at the airport, but you don't need a bus to get there. It is at the end of a covered sidewalk next to a convention center. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to and from the airport terminal. The hotel seems almost new, very clean with very nice modern rooms. No coffee maker in the room, but you have an electric kettle with tea assortments (I would have preferred a coffee maker).

Breakfast was very good with a large aray of hot and cold dishes. It was excellent.

I can't say anything negative about the hotel. The only issue was when checking in and checking out where there was only one front desk agent serving all customers. Maybe it was only a timing issue, but when you have a bus load of tourists, it can create a long line up...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends