Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
      • Restaurant
      All reviewsbest westernstransfer from the airportlight breakfastnext morningspent one nightshuttle servicecomfortable roomsmoked salmonconnecting flightexcellent breakfasttransit hotelnear airportearly morning flightyogurtbustwinmeats
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Ok for transit. How ever they should have towels available for spesifikke reservation at not be patronising about missing towels. Ligths should work in bathroom. And should be fixed when requested not postponed til next day.
      The restaurant area was a mess and the least clean I have seen in a Long time.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
      OsloAirport, General Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We staid in a so called family room. 2+2. But it vas a single room packed with a 1 1/2 bed and a sleeping couch for two people. There were no space for our luggage. Poor atmosphere, in the lobby,bar,restaurant, eating area, waiting room, tv room.. All this packed in one big room. Very noisy..the shuttle bus is also expensive, so the total price is close to what we would have paid to stay at the hotel(4*) located at the airport.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

We do have 4 big family rooms, which is parted in two sections with an opening between them. The rest of our rooms are normal size, double, twin or single rooms, and we can put in extra beds on request. However we do not call this family rooms, because we are very aware of the size. We are supposed to let our guests know that this is normal rooms with extra beds, and I am sorry if you were not told this.

At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +4763949505.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ok hotel for one night lay overs. Food in restaurant is very expensive for dinner. The rooms are smaller with a tiny, crammed in bathroom. No extras here and not up to North American standards. Breakfast is included, good selection of buffet foods! Walls are thin and we could hear people in adjoining rooms and through the vents most of the night! Surprisingly though, if the windows were closed no airplane noise (even though there were several passing every few minutes!). We took out the complimentary rental bikes and biked around the area, stopping at various interesting sights, buildings, other hotels, the army grounds, great ice cream place and hot dogs at the local gas station (tons of locals eating here!). Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
      2  Thank seetheworld2014
      OsloAirport, General Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +4763949500.

Thank you again for taking the time to giving us this feedback.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2014, flying out of the airport the following morning, The hotel was ok, nothing special, but ok.

I got the shuttle from the airport, which quick enough. However it seems that if you get the shuttle, you are always going to be waiting in a queue at reception, fair enough if everyone else has got the shuttle too. Try and get off the bus first!

The reception is actually quite nice, open with big windows etc. The bar etc is also nice enough, but I imagine can get fairly busy if there a lot of people using it. There weren't that many chairs to sit on unless you were eating. On the whole the hotel seemed fairly clean, tidy and well presented.

The room I was given was fairly small, but was comfy enough. It was really noisey outside of the hotel from all of the planes taking off, but I didn't hear these in my room at all, which was pretty good. The room had blackout curtains and the bed seemed comfy too. The thermostat in my bathroom (I think room 265) however seemed to be stuck on full, the heat in there was unbearable, but the rest of the room was fine temperature wise.

I decided to go and quickly get something to eat before going to bed, I hadn't got to the hotel until 9pm, so wanted to eat really quickly and get to sleep as I had an early(ish) flight out the next morning. Sadly this wasn't to be. Basically there were not enough staff in the restaurant at all. I counted 2, but only one that actually seemed to be doing something.......badly.

When I arrived I asked for a table and was quickly ushered to one and given a menu. I was also asked if I wanted a drink, "yeah, just a beer please". The waiter returned a short while later and took my food order. I then sat and waited, and waited, assuming that my drink would be right along. The waiter passed me quite a few times, even went to the bar, but sadly my drink didn't turn up.

Finally when the food arrived (actually pretty good food it seemed) the waiter also brought a glass which he left on my table (I thought I was finally getting my drink). When he went to walk away I mentioned that I had also ordered a drink and he asked what it was. I clarified again and he went off to get it, leaving a new glass with beer on my table. Still not sure what the random glass was for, there was no water on the table or anything, and it stayed there. Perhaps somebody somewhere was drinking from a bottle.

At the same time the waiter was dropping off the beer I asked for some condiments, which he agreed to get and vanished again. I saw him a couple of minutes later serving another table and rushing again behind the bar. I realised my condiments were not coming and started eating anyway, always hopeful that they would arrive.....they never did.

Once I'd finished I waited a little longer for the waiter to come back so I could advise how I would like to settle. Again, he never turned up, so in the end I had to get up and go to the bar to ask that the food be put on my room.

When this first all started I actually thought it was amusing and didn't want to blame the waiter (he was expected to look after the bar and the restaurant, running around all over the place, so I though that it just needed more staff), however the guy was fairly rude and didn't seem to give a damn. He was certainly overworked though, so that could have had something to do with it.

All of the above re food wasn't terrible, it was bearable and the food was actually pretty good, but the service was very shoddy to say the least.

Breakfast in the hotel was actually pretty good. Buffet style as expected, with a descent selection (apart from fruit), so nothing really to complain about there. It did the job no problem.

I had a fairly good nights sleep in the end, as I said my room was quiet etc, so all in all that was a success.

The shuttle for the airport picks up right outside of the hotel, so is nice and easy to catch in the morning

This hotel in not terrible, it is comfy enough and for the price is actually fine. I have previously stayed in the Radisson Blu for twice the price, and apart from the size of the rooms and the proximity to the hotel, I wouldn't say it is better, actually worse in some respects.

If you are looking for a cheap hotel to get your head down, this is actually ok.

Room Tip: Room 265 has the thermostat in the bathroom stuck on full. Don't stay in it unless this is fixed.
      • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have now talked to our Restaurant Manager, and he will pass this on to the waiters working that night. We strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 30 % discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at +4763949505.

And thank you for taking time to write this detailed feedback!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is just 5 min shuttle from the airport

The checkin was easy with preferred room and room were small but adequate for a transit

There is nothing near by to visit . Have to reach the oslo city .

Convienent breakfast starts as early as 4 am

Shuttle bus every 20 min

Good place if ur in transit

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for this nice feedback. I hope to see you soon again!