“Ok for a Night!”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gardermoen
Taipei, Taiwan
“Ok for a Night!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Service is good! Cant really complain about the hotel. Its clean and near the airport. The bed is big enough for me, the room is fairly clean and best thing about Best Western is that they have this 24 hour self service coffee counter!
Unfortunately I dont have the time to eat the breakfast offering.
A good hotel for a night stay .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OsloAirport, General Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice feedback, hope to see you agian soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

February 2013 - WINTER
We used this hotel as a base because it was close to the airport, and was also easy to access the highways with our rental car, without dealing with city traffic. The rooms were basic, but nice. Dinner prices in the dining room were expensive and the meals were basic. On one occasion, the young man working behind the bar, serving drinks, was doubling as a waiter for the restaurant. He was was almost run off his feet, at times, trying to serve at the bar as well as dash out to the kitchen to collect meals to bring to the dining room. He did an excellent job, under the circumstances. Breakfast consisted of a good variety of foods and the dining room opened early in the morning, which suited us. There are car parking spaces at back and front of the hotel, reasonably close to entrance doors. There's a free computer in the foyer for anyone to use, and the receptionist was happy to print out a particular map for us that we found online. All of the staff we met were pleasant and helpful. Aside from the airport, the closest shop we found was at a petrol station, a short drive away, and it sold the basic items that you find at a 'corner store'. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel, mostly because of its convenient location, away from the city and close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your nice feedback! We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Burfjord, Troms, Norway
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotell design and decoration, room, staff: Average. Breakfast: OK. Room cleanliness: Good.

Tips 1: Use shuttlebus, S33 between Airport and Hotel, NoK 70 pr pers one way. Taxi is rather expensive, 300 NoK or more

Tips 2: Hotel surroundings offers possibilities for a nice walk in rural settings. Also the hotel might lend you a bicykle (they have 1-2)

Room Tip: Maybe I am picky, letting a poor entrance area get to me and disappoint me. Or maybe not. Hotell...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OsloAirport, General Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am not sure what you meen by a poor entrance area. Both our cleaning staff and our front desk staff are supposed to clean this area continuously! We always keep fresh flowers and lightend candles there (Lightend if it is dark or raining and so forth) I am very sorry if this wasnt tidy when you were here and I promise you I will check this further!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +4763949500.

Klepp, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel May 2013. The hotel has an appealing look and a nice lobby. Contact with the personnel was exclusively positive. The hotel room it self was equipped with good looking furniture. The bed was good. However, the room was noisy and I could easily hear people passing in the hall. The TV was small with only few channels. The bathroom was clean, but unappealing. It did not appear to have been upgraded for at least a decade. The shower did not close properly and was unpleasant to use do to hard pressure from the shower head. Breakfast in the dining hall was good and sufficient.

Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you are caught in transit and need to spend a day or so near Gardemoen Airport outside Oslo this is a very good and quiet hotel that costs less than hotels in Oslo itself. Although it is a standard business hotel the facilities are modern and clean and the staff are extremely helpful. A shuttle (S33) is available to get you to and from the airport (which has baggage storage facilities if you are doing a side trip). The hotel has nothing of real interest around it, but for convenience it is excellent .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your very nice feedback! Also I would like to mension that if you go left coming out the main door, there is a path, and after about 5 minutes walk you will see very old houses and a museum. Also you will find a small and nice typical Norwegian neighborhood beside the museum.

Welcome back!
Danville, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was needing an airport hotel due to a project in the area. The hotel was clean, reasonably priced (for Norway) and the breakfast was good. It is near absolutely NOTHING. There is no place to walk or even a convenience store nearby so it is not a base for excursions as everything is very far away and even getting back to the airport costs. I had a hamburger and a beer my first night and it set me back $41. However, that kind of food pricing appears to be the norm but you are a captive audience lacking a car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Actually there is possible to walk to see very old houses (musum) just five minutes from our hotel. When coming out of the door you have to go left, and you will see a path which takes you directly to theese very old and nice houses. Next to this you will also find a small and typical Norwegian neighborhood. Many of our guest likes to walk in this area. I am sorry you probably did not find this, however our front desk would be able to tell you about this. I hope you will visit us again sometimes!

Geilo, Norway
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Indifferent staff, thin walls, hard beds, missing towels, and a poor breakfastbuffet.
I also don´t like the fact that the check in counter is right up by the bar. As I came to check in, I had to struggle through a maze of people just to be able to reach the counter. Not cool - nor practical - while carrying suitcase, a carry-on and a handbag.
Not coming back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +4763949500.

Travelers are raving about these Gardermoen hotels