“Comfy bed and clean”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Gardermoen
Adelaide, Australia
“Comfy bed and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed there one night in the beginning of December so Norway was very cold. I made the mistake of getting a taxi from the airport - very expensive. The hotel's reception staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and the bed was divine. As I arrived in the early afternoon I wanted to take a quick peek at Oslo so was advised to get the shuttle bus back to the airport and then take the express train to Oslo which I did. I also caught the shuttle bus No 33 from Bay 22) back to the airport the next morning. They leave every 20 minutes and you can get tickets on the bus or from the reception. The breakfast at the hotel was super - big choice of both hot and cold. What a luxury to have smoked salmon at breakfast time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
OsloAirport, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oslo Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +4763949500.

Thank you again for taking the time to giving us this feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Richmond, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We returned sooner than planned from our road trip and decided to take a shower verses sitting around the airport. Erik was the clerk that assisted with our check in. He was fabulous. He was just leaving work when we were checking out. Our phone did not work so there was no way to recieve a wake up call...and there was NOT a clock in the room. We were only at the hotel from 3:30am to 7am so not much to share...room was VERY SMALL..just enough room to walk...barely!!!! The breakfast buffet was the okay. Room was clean but over priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to giving us this feedback.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The only way to get to this hotel is with the Airport Shuttle (walking is not an option). We dropped off our car at the airport rental and were shocked to find out that we had to pay around 40 euros among ourselves for a 7 minute ride with the shuttle. Quite expensive.

Once arrived we tried to book dinner but the only availability was for 9,00 pm. A bit late for dinner on a working day.

The room was extremely small, hardly had any space for the luggage on the hallway. The impression was of old.
I think that the value for the money is very poor. Norway is more expensive than the average Western European country but compared to other Norwegian hotels the quality of this hotel is quite poor.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Got there just to spend one night for my next day early flight to Paris. I got the around 11:30 pm and I was starving. There was nothing for us to eat, nothing whatsoever. They just had this norweigian yougurt with corn flakes. On the other hand, the Airport Bus drop you off at the door of the hotel easily, quickly and cheaply and vice-versa. Also, if you have an early flight it is such a good option. The accomodation was nice, the hotel is really good looking. So my only complaint was that about the lack of a late dinner or room service. Everything else seemed to be okay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OsloAirport, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oslo Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We do have a vending maschine in the lobby that contains sandwiches, salads, chocolate and so forth. I do not know why the night receptionist didnt offer you this, and I will make sure that this do not happen agian in the future. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to giving us this feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand
Knoxville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I only stayed for one night and of course that night happened to coincide with a convention. The restaurant was full so they moved the restaurant down the hall into a banquet room. The service was horrible. It took 20 minutes for my drink to arrive. The bread never showed and neither did the water. We should have got up and left but we decided to wait for the food. About an hour later the food arrived. My colleague's food was "okay", but mine was horrible. The entire dish tasted like they left it on the pan too long. My room was dirty, the couch's inside arm was completely pulled up exposing the padding underneath (not a good room to put a professional upholsterer in). The telephone had no instructions....in fact there was not a single piece of information about how to call the front desk or anyone. We should have known that this hotel was going to be a disaster when my colleague called from the airport and no one ever answered the phone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 30% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Travelers are raving about these Gardermoen hotels

Monza, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you choose this hotel since you arrive late at night or you live early, consider that after midnight there is no shuttel bus, so a taxi ride of 4 km costs around 300 nkr. After 4 am you can take the bus for 70 nkr,so the shuttle bus is not incuded in the hotel rate nor it is free of charge even if from the website you might understand differently .
Rooms are clean but small and if you book a doublebed room, beds are separeted and short.
Short breakfast starts at 4 am, big breakfast at 6 am.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +4763949500.
Alesund, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Have just started to use this hotel as a stop to & from Ålesund. Good location, great rooms, internet & NORMALLY a great breakfast.
BUT, this morning was a disgrace for the Best Western chain, very many elements were old ( several hours old ), not available ( Fried egg, butter, bacon / potatoes etc ), the waiter was only interested in talking in the Kitchen.
But, will use this hotel again, hope this was an exception !?!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business