“Good place to stay in transit”

Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Tromso, Norway
“Good place to stay in transit”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here between two flights. The hotel shuttle bus was easy to find right outside the airport. After a few minutes drive, we arrived at the hotel. Check in was smooth and quick by a friendly young man behind the counter. We were hungry, but too tired to sit in the restaurant, so we were pleased to see that we could get salad and sandwiches from a machine. We took it to our room and relaxed watching TV.
Room and bathroom was clean.
Breakfast the next morning was not comprehensive, but good. We did not miss anything. The hotel bus was right on time and took us back to the airport.
There is nothing wrong with this hotel in our experience. But considering the ticket price for the bus and the inconvenience of dragging your luggage on and off the bus, I will look for a hotel close to the airport next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
OsloAirport, General Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for giving us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +4763949500.

Thank you again for taking the time to giving us this feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Before arriving, our Sat Nav wouldn't plot the hotel's given address, so my colleague phoned ahead & was given utterly the wrong directions, to the fact that we were driving in the opposite direction for over 25 mins, he rang back only for someone different to tell him that very fact & to head for the airport followed by more incorrect instructions took us another 30 mins in the wrong direction yet again, we finally arrived 1 1/2 hrs later than we should have, followed by the worst attentive bar / food service since visiting a similar Airport hotel in Finland!
Firstly as a customer, you are completely ignored as the 3 staff on duty argue about something on the computer screen in the middle of the long counter, when they finally serve you ...seemily stressed about
getting back to the screen ASAP, they mess your order up because they are not listening to you, then they try to charge you twice as two of them are taking orders off you & you end up with 2 differing bills... more arguing & guestering at the screen, at this point I asked the stressed out barman if I could speak to the manager as the arguing between them had intensified, to which he replied.... I am the manager Sir!!!
A hotel to be avoided unless it is essential to be that close to Oslo Airport....

• Stayed December 2011
OsloAirport, Manager at Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write this down. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced, and we assure you that we are eager to retain you as a satisfied guest.
Our staff is reviewing the information you sent us and conducting a full investigation in order to resolve this matter.

If you need further assistance, you may contact me, the general manager. If you will try our hotell another time please contact me personally. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Best regards G.L. Kurland - General Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Staff had to be prompted to check me in. Restaurant staff also had to be prompted to seat me, to take the order and to provide the check. Food was good. The shuttle bus was readily available from the airport but not cheap. I would rather pay more than have to deal with a staff not interested in guest satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife got a rash after staying on this hotel during a seminar. We now have found out she was bitten by bedbugs staying at this hotel. Terrible!

In addition the service was miserable, untrained staff with a bad attitude.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 26, 2011

... i ended up one night at this hotel and found out 2 things
1. when an air plane took off, it sounded like all the people flushed their toilets at the same time

2. the staff was really rude when i tried to get something to eat. Finally someone in the staff told me (with a very rude attitude) that i should pay in the bar for the buffet. I went paying and the buy behind the bar was occupied doing something. Finally he asked me what i wanted and i said buffet. He went back doing something else and i took out my credit card and held it between my fingers. I looked around in the restaurant and suddenly the guy just took the card out of my hand without saying anything. Maybe not a big deal but hey, he could ask me! I'm just one meter away from him. Then when i was to sign the payment, he almost threw the bill on me, pen and everything... what the !

Rude staff and bad food and noisy rooms is not worth the money!

I'd rather stay at any other of the airport hotels than here.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel across the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Karmsund
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here on a night between Saturday and Sunday after arriving back from Switzerland since there was no connecting flight from Oslo to my hometown on the west coast before the next day.

It is not in a walking distance from the airport, especially not when having heavy luggage including a couple of skies. But buses goes frequently and it takes 10 minutes or so. Don't remember how much I paid for the bus but somewhere between 60 and 80 NOK I suppose.

I chose this hotel due to getting a very good price; NOK 550 for a single room including breakfast. And in Norway that's a bargain.

Check in took some time because the receptionist also had responsibilty of the lobby bar and she was more interested in chatting with some people in the bar instead of checking me in. She was eventually ready to check me in but than she could not find my reservation in their system and claimed that I had not booked a room. I showed here my booking confirmation from hotels.com but she would not agree with me.

Finally she called upon a collegue and she found out of the problem within minutes (whatever it was).

The hotel looks quite nice and modern, and the room was ok as well. However the room was small. It was clean though and that matters more to me.

Tired after 7 days of skiing in Switzerland I went early to bed and had a nice sleep.

Went for breakfast around 9 AM and had a long breakfast. Breakfast was about as you would expect and good enough for me.

Checked out just before noon and tok the bus back to the airport.

Except for the minor hickups while checking in this hotel is ok for a one night stay, especially considering the good price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
London, England
Reviewed October 22, 2010

A clean, reasonably modern hotel conveniently located near the airport but I experienced two examples of poor service: there was only one waitress serving in the restaurant and so it was a long wait to get anything, and the internet was extremely slow in the room (and the IT support people don't work in the evenings!). This hotel is OK for the price but not great - and certainly not for the business traveller!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business