Scandic Oslo Airport
Scandic Gardermoen(Gardermoen)
$111
$98
ScandicHotels.com
All reviewsthe busnice hotelhuge selectionbreakfast buffetminute riderooms are smallbusiness triphamburgertwo single bedsstayed one nightnext morningfamily roomnice rooman early flightbetween flightsnice breakfastnok
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2014

simple (i.e. sleek scandinavian design), good, clean. more one does not need (from my pov) for a brief overnight stay at the airport. personnell is friendly, breakfast ist ample and good. however, there is almost nothing around, so if you like to go to into town you ought consider that Oslo is ca. 50km away from the hotel which in turn creates taxi costs of 800 nok (one way, of course)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here overnight on route home from Northern Norway.

The main problem I have with this hotel is the Shuttle Bus, its super expensive to travel around 1km from the airport to the hotel - £7.50 each way so if like us your in a large group that adds a significant cost to the trip. Had we known this the difference in cost from staying here and one of the hotels at the airport would have been much smaller and we would have stayed there. Factor this in when your looking at prices - if one at the airport is £20 more expensive then I would take it for ease and value.

On the plus side, the rooms are well equipped (although no tea making facilities which is normally one of the things I would expect to have in any hotel of this rating. You could go to reception and buy tea/coffee but when you arrive late and are leaving early that is not always great.

The hotel is quiet (which is good near any airport), the beds are very comfortable and bathrooms on the ground floor rooms are huge (for disabled access).

For me the great thing here is the free breakfast buffet - they put food out from 4am for early travellers and the selection and quality of food on offer is brilliant and this offset some of the small drawbacks we found.

All in all, I would have rated it 4 out of 5 if they would only put on a free shuttle bus like 99% of other worldwide airport hotels.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are designed for disabled access, they are a good size plus the beds are electronically adjustable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Highland_Saint
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We arrived late in the evening at Oslo airport. There were no signs directing us to the Scandic airport hotel, so we asked at the information desk. They said there was a hotel shuttle leaving in 5 minutes. The shuttle arrived 15 minutes later. We were surprised to learn that this shuttle was not free (like in most airports in the world) and we needed to buy a tichket for a six minute shuttle drive of 6 Euros per person!! In our family this means 18 euros. Going back to the airport another 18 euros. At the frontdesk of the hotel we were informed that is shuttle is not operated by the hotel, but by the airport. Nevertheless, the hotel does not identify (or at least not clearly identify) this on their website. We suggest that Scandic runs their own free shuttle service (like in other airports), or pay at least part of this outrageously priced busservice.
The hotel itself is modern and clean, but beds are too soft.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Han V
Reviewed December 8, 2013

King bed was two singles pushed together. Shower was poor strength but like the heated floor. Breakfasts were ok lunch not bad either though buffet. Very basic and off airport so expensive taxi and bus is public transport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Not my first stay at this hotel. This time I arrived late in the evening and departed early the next morning so sleeping was my priority number one.

The front desk quickly checked me in and they ordered a taxi for me for 7 am the next morning.

I got a room on the 3rd floor and the room was quite nice, a descent size as well, and with a very nice bed.

I went down again to the lobby bar, had a pint of beer (welcome back to Norway my friend; 105 NOK for a beer, it is ridiculous, really!).

Ok, went to bed after drinking up my overprized beer, slept as a child, woke up just before 6 am, had a shower in quite nice bathroom, went to the front desk, checked out and had breakfast.

The service provided from the front desk was good and professional.

The breakfast was good as well, and room was ok, nothing to complain about

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business