“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gardermoen
Hilversum, The Netherlands
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very good staff and great hotel, food was good and free coffee in reception... the only negative is the shuttle bus is not free and expensive considering the distance to airport, location is no good if you like to explore, but great for airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is located in middle of nowhere 8 minutes and 10 euros bus ride by bus S55 (not easy to find-after leaving airport go to last stop to the left. Bus leaves 3 times per hour). But even adding those costs it was cheaper then hotels located at airport.
Room was simple, functional and clean. Hotel as such was very quiet and looked almost empty, other guests I saw only at breakfast. And that was very good breakfast for Scandinavia and this class of hotel. I had early flight, but in restaurant everything was ready even 10 minutes before official opening time.
And add to this free wi-fi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Theressa H, Manager at Scandic Oslo Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

let me thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I will forward your nice comment regarding our breakfast, the hotels functionality and cleaness.

We highly appreciate your patronage and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Schweinfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel, the staff were quick to help me with any questions I had and were very friendly. The hotel's interior design was very classy and new-age. The breakfast was also very good, with smoked salmon, mackerel, fresh pancakes, an assortment of meats and cheeses, bread and jam, as well as the traditional English breakfast (beans, fried egg,sausage, bacon, scrambled egg. Location of the hotel was convenient to the airport, being about a 7 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport.Although the hotel was close to the airport, it was far away from anything else of interest. The shuttle bus cost 180.-NOK for my husband and I to ride to the hotel. There is no public transport by the hotel, so in order for us to go into nearby Jessheim, we had to pay ANOTHER 180 kroner to go the airport to catch a public bus from there, which cost 100,-NOK for the both of us again. We had to pay all of that all over again just to get back to our hotel.As far as comfort in the hotel, the beds were terribly uncomfortable as well as were the pillows. We did NOT get a good sleep. Also, upon checkout, we were charged more than booking.com had quoted us, but did not realize it until we had left the hotel already.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Thr hotel is a short shuttlebus ride from the airport (70 NOK per way). Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Perfectly ok hotel when you need to spend the night at the airport, but being an airport hotel there is of course nothing else around.

• Stayed April 2013
Theressa H, Manager at Scandic Oslo Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment left on Tripadvisor about your stay. I am sincerely happy to read that you appreiciate the cleanliness and good service that our Team members deliver every day. I will forward your kind words to our staff members.
We highly appreciate your feedback and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future.

Central Poland, Poland
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The entire decor of the hotel is great. The service was excellent and the free breakfast buffet was delicious! There was also a great variety of food; the most I have seen in a free buffet. Good locations close to airport. The room was clean, modern in appearance, and came with large-screen TV and reasonable internet speeds. The bathroom was of decent size and very functional with piping hot water.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Theressa H, Manager at Scandic Oslo Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor website. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our hotel and I also would like to thank you for your compliments regarding our breakfast buffet and the hotel decor.
It would be the greatest pleasure to welcoming you back in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your plans bring you again back to Gardermoen!

Hotel Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had an overnight transit through Oslo and chose the Scandic Airport hotel based on price and perks such as free WiFi and breakfast included with the booking. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The room was clean, modern in appearance, and came with large-screen TV and reasonable internet speeds. The bathroom was of decent size and very functional with piping hot water and good pressure coming out of the shower nozzle.

Breakfast is included with the room, and this is really well done (apparently, breakfast buffets are common among Scandinavian hotels). Anyway, the food is fresh and tasty, and the assortment is REALLY WIDE. There's the usual trappings for both American and English breakfasts as well as more local fare such as pate and smoked fish. All in all, if you were a real glutton (like me), you could eat enough for the whole day before setting out. This is especially nice if you'll be doing a whole day of economy class flying. =(

Transportation to and from the OSL terminal is by the S55 shuttle bus, which costs 70 NOK each way (credit cards accepted onboard the coach, at reception, or via auto ticket dispenser at each stop). Frequency is every 20 minutes and the ride is about 7-10 minutes in duration.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Theressa H, Manager at Scandic Oslo Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you for your generous review left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you cocidered staying with us, and I will be sure to forward your nice review regarding the wide selsction of our breakfast.

We highly appreciate your feedback and it would be our pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Scandic Hotel to catch an early flight the next morning from Oslo airport. It's a short busride from the main terminal (about 10 minutes). The busride can seem a bit costly, but so is everything else in Norway, so don't complain :-) The hotel itself was clean, quiet and seemed very modern. The staff at the desk were helpful, and checking in went very fast. Our room was totally fine. Good bed, nice and clean bathroom and no noise from other guests.

We had to be off pretty early, so we had breakfast at around 5am. The food was good, but I don't think breakfast had started properly yet, since they were still carrying out various food when we were finished. (I guess that's my only tiny complaint; at an airport hotel people often have to leave very early - people who have payed for a full breakfast included in the price.)

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes! It's a very good, not too-expensive hotel for anybody catching an early flight from Oslo, or arriving on a late flight looking for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Theressa H, Manager at Scandic Oslo Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Mr Iachde,

I would like to thank you dearly for your kind feedback, and for recommending our hotel.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed staying with us, and that you liked alot of things about our hotel.
We are happy to be here for our guests, who we would also like to call friends.
Our team members are dedicated to their jobs, and many do carry great pride in being a Scandic Team Member.
I hope the next time you return that you will have a possibility of enjoying our tasty breakfast.
Welcome back!