“True to its name”

Comfort Hotel RunWay
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Comfort in a sense that it's near the airport, breakfast included, heated bathroom floor, and the matress is nice to sleep on. What I also like is it's very clean. I have a nice view of the airport. In spite it'z near the airport, you hardly hear anything from outside w/c is good for someone like me who's a light sleeper. Just don't expect like a 4 or 5 star type of hotel. But for its price, I'm a satisfied guest.

Stayed: August 2014
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Hi Ai L ,

Thank you for you review!
Hope you had a nice stay with us, and that we get to welcome you back again!

Best Regards
Team Runway

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff close to airport. Good size Rooms and bathrooms. We used hotel for an early flight and choose it based on reviews and price. Its surprisingly nice for being so economically priced. Easy to reach from airport with regular buss 815 or 855 .

• Stayed: August 2014
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hi Ann-Marie B,

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very nice hotel. It was clean, the rooms were nice and breakfast good. The receptionist was also very nice. Only negative was that the room was to hot and since the runway was close by, it was not posdible to sleep with the window ooen.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Oddrun34,

Thank you for your review!
Unfortunatly it is hard to find a temperature that fit all of our guest.
This is something we are working towards, and we are greatful for all input.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the stay with us, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Really clean and friendly hotel. Great food in the restaurant. Only negative point is the location. The public Transport from the airport to hotel is really expensive and it is too far from the terminal to walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leniti

Hi Leniti,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wow, what can I say. I have never been to a hotel that cheap before. I don't mean cheap as in affordable, but cheap as in I barely had a half a pillow! I have never been to a hotel room so sparsely decorated. I can´t stand it when they have dispenser shampoo, and not only is it in a dispenser but it's a shampoo/conditioner/shower gel - all in one. It's just not my thing. And I mean it when I say that I had half a pillow!
And one lousy towel that they would please make me reuse, to think about the environment. Please don't. I reuse my towels plenty of times at home, please allow me the luxury of a towel change when I pay an insanely amount of money staying at a hotel.
The breakfast was also very cheap. Not a lot of choices, and very cleverly done to make sure costs are kept down at a minimum. It felt like a school trip.
I was not even sure my room had proper ceiling or walls, because I suspect the building to be some kind of warehouse in the past.
That being said, the decor was fun and funky. It had a fresh vibe and I am positive to environment issues. In fact, it means a lot to me. I just don't like it when hotels try to cover their penny pinching ideas in environment propaganda, it's too transparent!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank glamourprincess

Hi glamourprincess ,

Thank you for your review.

Nordic Choice hotels are built up by five brands, where Comfort is a part of the bed and breakfast consept. At Comfort we provide hotels with good prices in good locations, without all unessesary amennities in our rooms.
Because we respect that our guests have different demands, we offer a wide selection of amenities from our Service Desk in the lobby.

Choice and Comforts ambitions are high considering our enviromental responsability.
Through many years we have had great focus on reducing the use of water, chemichals and energy. We encurrage all our guests to help us save water and energy but if a guest would like new towels or even more towels we will be more than happy to assist.

We can assure you that Comfort Hotel RunWay has never been a warehouse or anything else but a hotel since the opening in 2010.

From the sound of your feedback I think that some of the other brands in the Nordic Choice will suit your needs better, check out Clarion and Clarion Collection for your next hotel visit.

We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will find your favourite brand.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent on all accounts, room, food, service. The only glitch was being given a wrong time for the shuttle bus, I was told on the night before there was a bus at 8h45 and then at 9h00, but in fact it was only at 09h15. I had to catch a taxi.
The ride on the shuttle bus is 70K and not 100K as I had expected, nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Anne M

Hi Anne M,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry you were given the wrong time for the bus, and not the correct time for the summer season.
Good to hear you were happy with the rest of your stay.
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything was top-notch, but special commendation goes toward the complementary breakfast spread. It was tasty, varied, incredible. There was an assortment of fresh yogurts, jams, scrambled eggs, bread, cold cuts and fish, fruits, sausages, and on and on.

The rooms were very clean, comfortable with sleek and modern (Scandinavian) design. The windows insulate the room from the outside noise, so I would recommend getting a room facing the airport, that way one can kick back and watch airplanes take off.

Getting to the hotel from the airport is fairly easy by public bus (route 855, 30 NOK/adult, 15 NOK/child) and that's cheaper than the shuttle (70 NOK/person). The bus comes every half-hour and drops you a few steps away from the hotel. One can check the schedule on ruter.no.

If I ever have another overnight layover at OSL, I will certainly stay at the Comfort Hotel RunWay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi Quang Minh N,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am glad to hear you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Oslo!