“Penny pincher hotel”

Comfort Hotel RunWay
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wow, what can I say. I have never been to a hotel that cheap before. I don't mean cheap as in affordable, but cheap as in I barely had a half a pillow! I have never been to a hotel room so sparsely decorated. I can´t stand it when they have dispenser shampoo, and not only is it in a dispenser but it's a shampoo/conditioner/shower gel - all in one. It's just not my thing. And I mean it when I say that I had half a pillow!
And one lousy towel that they would please make me reuse, to think about the environment. Please don't. I reuse my towels plenty of times at home, please allow me the luxury of a towel change when I pay an insanely amount of money staying at a hotel.
The breakfast was also very cheap. Not a lot of choices, and very cleverly done to make sure costs are kept down at a minimum. It felt like a school trip.
I was not even sure my room had proper ceiling or walls, because I suspect the building to be some kind of warehouse in the past.
That being said, the decor was fun and funky. It had a fresh vibe and I am positive to environment issues. In fact, it means a lot to me. I just don't like it when hotels try to cover their penny pinching ideas in environment propaganda, it's too transparent!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank glamourprincess
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Hi glamourprincess ,

Thank you for your review.

Nordic Choice hotels are built up by five brands, where Comfort is a part of the bed and breakfast consept. At Comfort we provide hotels with good prices in good locations, without all unessesary amennities in our rooms.
Because we respect that our guests have different demands, we offer a wide selection of amenities from our Service Desk in the lobby.

Choice and Comforts ambitions are high considering our enviromental responsability.
Through many years we have had great focus on reducing the use of water, chemichals and energy. We encurrage all our guests to help us save water and energy but if a guest would like new towels or even more towels we will be more than happy to assist.

We can assure you that Comfort Hotel RunWay has never been a warehouse or anything else but a hotel since the opening in 2010.

From the sound of your feedback I think that some of the other brands in the Nordic Choice will suit your needs better, check out Clarion and Clarion Collection for your next hotel visit.

We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will find your favourite brand.

Kind regards
Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent on all accounts, room, food, service. The only glitch was being given a wrong time for the shuttle bus, I was told on the night before there was a bus at 8h45 and then at 9h00, but in fact it was only at 09h15. I had to catch a taxi.
The ride on the shuttle bus is 70K and not 100K as I had expected, nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Anne M
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Hi Anne M,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry you were given the wrong time for the bus, and not the correct time for the summer season.
Good to hear you were happy with the rest of your stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Everything was top-notch, but special commendation goes toward the complementary breakfast spread. It was tasty, varied, incredible. There was an assortment of fresh yogurts, jams, scrambled eggs, bread, cold cuts and fish, fruits, sausages, and on and on.

The rooms were very clean, comfortable with sleek and modern (Scandinavian) design. The windows insulate the room from the outside noise, so I would recommend getting a room facing the airport, that way one can kick back and watch airplanes take off.

Getting to the hotel from the airport is fairly easy by public bus (route 855, 30 NOK/adult, 15 NOK/child) and that's cheaper than the shuttle (70 NOK/person). The bus comes every half-hour and drops you a few steps away from the hotel. One can check the schedule on ruter.no.

If I ever have another overnight layover at OSL, I will certainly stay at the Comfort Hotel RunWay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi Quang Minh N,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am glad to hear you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Oslo!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay overnight before catching an early flight. Easy to check in and out, possibilities for an early breakfast and convenient transport to and from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank marymayOsloNorway

Hei marymayOsloNorway,

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The only reason for staying at this, or any of the other airport hotels, is to make an early morning flight. So, the hotel is full of tourists milling around either checking in or checking out and trying to grab a bite before the cafeteria (there is no real restaurant) closes at 8:00 pm [contrary to some information on the web, the restaurant does not stay open late into the night]. Nevertheless, despite the atmosphere of a fogged in airport, the staff are helpful and efficient, the rooms are clean, you can get something to eat (and drink), and they have a pretty good breakfast buffet, which is included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hi ArnepDC,

Thank you for your review!

I'm glad to hear you were happy with our breakfast!
PS: The foodcourt is open until 10pm every night.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Everything was fine. Location, room, breakfast, we didnt have to check out before 12 o`clock. We arrived in the middle of the night so it was good that we could relax in the morning and eat a good breakfast before we had to check out. It was just Perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Eai E,

Thank you for your review.

We hope we get the pleasure of seeing you again!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Spent a day in Oslo before flying home next morning so it was convenient. Would not work very well if wanting to spend several days touring Oslo. The room was very clean and breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi kath_y7915,

Thank you for your review!