1,277 results
All reviewsshuttle busclose to the airportclarion hotelper personoslo airportroom facingmodern designbreakfast buffetnice hotelother hotelstakes about minutesplace to sleepan early flightnice roombooked this hotelnice breakfastcosts nok
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight, catching the shuttle from OSL.
The hotel is kind of like a quirky Travel Lodge, multi coloured throughout. Check in was fast an efficient, room was small but fairly well organised other than a single small pillow.
Restaurant is fairly limited in choice, only 5 or 6 main meals on offer but the quality was pretty good. I needed to print my boarding passes the for the next day but their PC's were setup not to deal with PDF's which seems odd as this is the main method of online check in for SAS. I tried to e mail their printer direct which didn't work either so in the end I had to ask reception to sort it for me.
The whole theme of this hotel is about efficiency - pre-packed sandwiches on offer, the limited choice of meals, self service drinks, no unnecessary items in the room etc. I didn't have a problem with any of this but I think I'd probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
sm_runway, Sevice manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hi Misterfrostie,

Thank you for your review!

Team Runway

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here overnight due to getting an early flight .The appearance is very modern and was clean .Check in was very fast and the staff pleasant .The family room we had was very clean with nice big windows overlooking runway .The noise heard from outside was very low due .The buffet breakfast was varied and nice also the shuttle bus was on time to and from the airport . We would use again and invite others to do so as well

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi SaxonMidlandsUK,

Thank you so much for your nice review!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Good value, hassle-free comfort in a reasonably accessible location using the airport shuttle bus. Very comfortable bed plus an excellent breakfast - what more could you wish from an overnight stay near the airport?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Brian W

Hello Brian W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is a mix of good and not so good.

First, although it is just across the fence from the runway there isn't a free shuttle to this airport hotel. The NettBuss shuttle (bus S44 at waiting area 36 at the airport) costs NOK 70 per person, and takes cash and credit cards. It stops every half hour at the front door.

Check in was quick and easy. Rooms facing the runway go early so even though we checked in about 3:20pm none was available. Tour buses poured in later, so perhaps that was the reason.

The decor of the hotel, both inside and out, was unusual. Trendy, cubistic, hard edges, trying very hard to look modern Scandinavian. The wallpaper simulated concrete walls. The rooms have no closet and not much furniture. We found it all stark and not at all warm or welcoming. It looked like a dormitory room furnished by Ikea.

We had no coffee maker, no microwave, no refrigerator even though ours was an upgraded room.

Windows are small (2 meters from side to side but less than half a meter high, like slits in a bunker) but placed at an odd height, apparently intended for a short person standing. Consequently, even if we had gotten a room on the runway side, we wouldn't have seen the airplanes when sitting or when standing up straight, but only by crouching a bit. The view from the opposite side of the hotel is other hotels.

There is a nice patio with picnic tables on the airport side. That is also the smoking area.

An exercise room on the top floor has the only big windows so it it possible to watch the airplanes while walking on a treadmill. A dry sauna and shower are adjacent.

The desk staff said there were no walking paths in the area, but we found a good paved one after walking about two minutes from the front door.

When I used the hotel computer to check in for our flight I couldn't get the printer to print. I told the front desk staff of my problem, but they replied that the printer was difficult to use and they couldn't help me. (That is, the staff is aware of the problem but nothing is done about it.) I was unable to print our boarding passes until I got to the airport.

The black stair steps were not well lighted so the edges were difficult to see. We used them very carefully.

On the other hand the rooms were spotlessly clean. Even though the hotel was full it was quiet once we left the lobby area. The free WiFi was fast.

We enjoyed the standard Scandinavian breakfast, which had a variety of options. There was plenty of seating with large windows to view the picnic area and airport.

Check out was quick and easy.

Conclusion: Yes, the hotel decor is unusual, but unusual is not the same as wonderful. Although this hotel is quite adequate, it doesn't merit the rave reviews we read before booking it. When we return to this airport in a few months we likely will choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Lobby can be noisy, so book a room away from it. Halls are unusually, long so consider how far you want to walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 828TJA
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear 828TJA ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us review.

I am sorry you feel you didn't get the help you needed with the printing of your boarding pass, we will look in to the matter again and make sure all our staff members are equiped to help with this issue.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Overnight stopover, travelling from Turkey to Dublin. A little taken aback by the outside, dark wood with tiny multi coloured windows. Once inside we were met by professional and very friendly staff. Spoke excellent English and could not do enough for us.
Our room was amazing (think IKEA and expand your mind further) colour scheme great and decor amazing.
I really enjoyed my stay. Excellent value in an otherwise expensive city
Well done comfort hotel and top marks for your contribution to the environment

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi Laura C,

Thank you so much for your great review!

I am so happy to hear that you were satisfide with both the staff and the hotel.

Hope to see you again soon!