1,284 results
All reviews shuttle bus close to the airport clarion hotel per person oslo airport room facing modern design breakfast buffet nice hotel other hotels takes about minutes place to sleep an early flight nice room booked this hotel nice breakfast costs nok
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Good value, hassle-free comfort in a reasonably accessible location using the airport shuttle bus. Very comfortable bed plus an excellent breakfast - what more could you wish from an overnight stay near the airport?

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Brian W
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hello Brian W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is a mix of good and not so good.

First, although it is just across the fence from the runway there isn't a free shuttle to this airport hotel. The NettBuss shuttle (bus S44 at waiting area 36 at the airport) costs NOK 70 per person, and takes cash and credit cards. It stops every half hour at the front door.

Check in was quick and easy. Rooms facing the runway go early so even though we checked in about 3:20pm none was available. Tour buses poured in later, so perhaps that was the reason.

The decor of the hotel, both inside and out, was unusual. Trendy, cubistic, hard edges, trying very hard to look modern Scandinavian. The wallpaper simulated concrete walls. The rooms have no closet and not much furniture. We found it all stark and not at all warm or welcoming. It looked like a dormitory room furnished by Ikea.

We had no coffee maker, no microwave, no refrigerator even though ours was an upgraded room.

Windows are small (2 meters from side to side but less than half a meter high, like slits in a bunker) but placed at an odd height, apparently intended for a short person standing. Consequently, even if we had gotten a room on the runway side, we wouldn't have seen the airplanes when sitting or when standing up straight, but only by crouching a bit. The view from the opposite side of the hotel is other hotels.

There is a nice patio with picnic tables on the airport side. That is also the smoking area.

An exercise room on the top floor has the only big windows so it it possible to watch the airplanes while walking on a treadmill. A dry sauna and shower are adjacent.

The desk staff said there were no walking paths in the area, but we found a good paved one after walking about two minutes from the front door.

When I used the hotel computer to check in for our flight I couldn't get the printer to print. I told the front desk staff of my problem, but they replied that the printer was difficult to use and they couldn't help me. (That is, the staff is aware of the problem but nothing is done about it.) I was unable to print our boarding passes until I got to the airport.

The black stair steps were not well lighted so the edges were difficult to see. We used them very carefully.

On the other hand the rooms were spotlessly clean. Even though the hotel was full it was quiet once we left the lobby area. The free WiFi was fast.

We enjoyed the standard Scandinavian breakfast, which had a variety of options. There was plenty of seating with large windows to view the picnic area and airport.

Check out was quick and easy.

Conclusion: Yes, the hotel decor is unusual, but unusual is not the same as wonderful. Although this hotel is quite adequate, it doesn't merit the rave reviews we read before booking it. When we return to this airport in a few months we likely will choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Lobby can be noisy, so book a room away from it. Halls are unusually, long so consider how far you want to walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 828TJA
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear 828TJA ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us review.

I am sorry you feel you didn't get the help you needed with the printing of your boarding pass, we will look in to the matter again and make sure all our staff members are equiped to help with this issue.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Overnight stopover, travelling from Turkey to Dublin. A little taken aback by the outside, dark wood with tiny multi coloured windows. Once inside we were met by professional and very friendly staff. Spoke excellent English and could not do enough for us.
Our room was amazing (think IKEA and expand your mind further) colour scheme great and decor amazing.
I really enjoyed my stay. Excellent value in an otherwise expensive city
Well done comfort hotel and top marks for your contribution to the environment

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi Laura C,

Thank you so much for your great review!

I am so happy to hear that you were satisfide with both the staff and the hotel.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I read about Comfort Hotel RunWay on tripadvisor. Seemed like the best bet at a good price near the airport. It certainly was a very good hotel for its relatively low price. The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was excellent, and the staff were very kind and helpful. What's more, the hotel lends bicycles for free, and I took advantage of this and had long rides in the area both the evening of my arrival and the morning of my departure. The area near the hotel is surprisingly green and beautiful. As others have mentioned the shuttle bus from the airport is overpriced. I took it to the airport, knowing of no alternatives. I discovered while biking, however, that very near the hotel there is a public bus stop that goes to the airport. Many Norwegians from the hotel were using this. Bus numbers 815 and 855 go between the airport and this hotel, and instead of the 70 kroner for the shuttle bus, it's only 30 kroner. If you have a lot of luggage, the public bus may be a bit more complicated, but I had a regular sized suitcase and had no problem. There is no special luggage storage rack on the public bus.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the airport side. It's nice to see the planes coming and going, and the windows are soundproof.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mark B

Hello folkestad,

Thank you for your review!
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you agian!

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times now. It is very convinient when you have a late arrival/ early departure to/ from OSL. You are always met with a smile in the reception and the staff is in general smiling, helpful and service minded.The hotel offers a clean and nice rooms at an affordable price. The hotel restaurant serves surprisingly good food, taken into account the location and the concept of the hotel.
Breakfast is served from very early morning. This is not unusual for airport hotels, but I think Comfort Hotel Runway does it better than many others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hello Geir A,

Thank you for your review!

Nice to hear that you had a nice stay, and that you got to enjoy our early-bird breakfast.