“one of the excellent choices for hotel stay near the airport”

Comfort Hotel RunWay
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Gardermoen
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We chose this hotel due to late arrival of our flight and proximity to/from the airport. I must say that We had a wonderful time staying at this HOtel. Excellent staff especially those Receptionists assigned for RED EYE shift. I forgot the name of this beautiful lady but she deserves commendation for being so attentive, extremely pleasant and displayed ZEST and courtesy COnsistently while never looking tired nor sleepy though it was past midnight already when we checked in. The hotel offered Complimentary hot beverages and it was helpful coz the weather that time was so cold. we loved our room and wifi connection was great. They also have Business center, A BIG Factor for travellers who need printing and PC services. BREAKFAST was one of my FAVE THING! Actually, it was one of the most Generous Buffet ive had during my stay in Europe. I enjoyed drinking my cup of coffee overlooking the RUNWAY with Sun Rising! The only Negative factor about this hotel is you need to pay 70 kronos for EVERY Shuttle ride FROM and Going to the airport for connection to the city. I find it expensive. Anyway, its NORWAY.. Well i hope they could offer 50%discount or perhaps an hourly free shuttle ride to/from the airport. Nevertheless, We are still looking forward of Staying again here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buchukoy
sm_runway, ServiceManager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear buchukoy,

Thank you so much for your review.
I will tell Emily on the night shift the kind words from you.

I wish you and your family a merry christmas and hope to see you again in the new year.

Best regards
ServiceManager
Comfort Hotel Runway

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stay here at least twelve nights a year, Runway is my first choice then staying in the OSL area, because the staff delivers excellent service, a fantastic breakfast that is nicely presented, very clean rooms and the restaurant has a small menu that is renewed on a regular (monthly?) basis which I like a lot.
Runway is supposed to be a budget hotel but delivers a lot more for a very reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
sm_runway, Service Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Niclas A ,

Thank you so much for the great review, it means the world to us.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you will be staying for a night in Gardermoen, this hotel is a decent and cheap alternative. The hotel is quite near to the airport. A 5-minute bus ride that costs 70 kr (one way) and you will reach the hotel.

The interior is very modern and sleek. The cleanliness is also superb. 2 suggestions for improvement:

1) faster internet connection
2) change the chair inside the room at at least put a cushion. a little bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hi CarloLazado ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was there on business visit and was pleased to find this Hotel. Everything I expect on a business trip; clean rooms, comfortable bed with free wifi and nice breakfast buffet. There is a shuttle bus that goes to and from airport for around 7 EUR it takes 5 minutes to get there (you can pay with credit card at the bus as well. ) I had a room facing to the runway and I enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. When the window was closed it was almost quiet in the room, The staffs are very, very friendly and helpful. By the way this hotel also have an excellent spread for lunch buffet and a limited but interestring menu for the dinner as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to NOrway on work and have no access to own car... better stay here and take the shuttle to airport and train to city ..

Dear Ashish P ,

Thank you so much for your review.
Hope to see you again on your next business trip to Norway.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was there fo work last week and I was pleased to find this Hotel. Everything I expect on a business trip; New clean rooms, confortable with free wifi and nice breakfast buffet. There is a bus that goed from airport to several Hotels (including this one) and for around 7 EUR it takes 5 minutes to get there (you can pay with credit card at the bus).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
sm_runway, ServiceManager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hi Armando_73,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Hope to see you again on your next business trip to Norway.

ServiceManager

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights for a conference. It's an ok hotel for a quick stay or a conference. I had a room facing to the runway and I enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. When the window was closed it was almost quiet in the room, but sometimes the whole hotel shaked when the largest airplanes took off. I had a room in black and lime green. Even though It's October it got very warm in my room. I turned the temperature on the lowest level, but nothing changed during the 2 days I stayed there. When I wasn't at my room I had the window open so I could get some air into my room. The staffs are very, very friendly and helpful. I got to keep the room until 4 o'clock in my check-out day since I had i late flight home.

The conference hall were large and had nice facilities.
For Lunch one of the days there were sushi in the buffet and that was just great!

When it comes to the design of the hotel I think the hotel tries too hard to be modern and popular hotel and I assume that the target group that the interior designer had in mind designing this hotel were young men and women working with marketing and real estate. For me It's a bit overkill, even though I'm younger than 30.
All in all it’s a nice hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
sm_runway, ServiceManager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hi Susanne H,

Thank you for your review.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our sushi buffet!
Hope to welcome you back another time.

Best regards, Team Runway

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I always find it hard to find a good value hotel in Oslo. Normally i would stay close to the city centre however all the hotels were full. I thought I was haveing to settle but I was pleasently surprised. Not only was the hotel really good value but it has everything you could want.

Breakfast was a good spread, evening meal had variety. Rooms were modern and clean.

Shuttle to and from airport to get the train is meant to come regularly but they're is sometimes a delay. Leave plenty of time to get into central Oslo. I would leave at least an hour - the front desk would say 30-40 mins but this isn't really accurate. Taxi would take about 40 mins and be very expensive. Shuttle take debit/credit card to pay for the 70 Nok ticket

1  Thank John R