1,277 results
All reviewsshuttle busclose to the airportclarion hotelper personoslo airportroom facingmodern designbreakfast buffetnice hotelother hotelstakes about minutesplace to sleepan early flightnice roombooked this hotelnice breakfastcosts nok
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Comfort Inn Runway is called so because it is next to the airport's western runway. We arrived late in the evening and left early in the morning, so I don't know about any noise. Bus to airport 10 minutes, 70 NOK. Tickets to be had from automat in lobby. First dep 0415, then every 30 mins. Outdoor parking 15/hr, 100/day (24 hrs).
Reception and lobby area seating 50, with 2 PCs for free use. Tap beer and a small choice of liquors to be bought in reception. No dinner facilities, you will have to go to next-door Clarion for that. I think I saw a vending machine with chocolates, yoghurts and snacks.
Our room had a grey wall behind the beds with blood stains. Well, it looked like small stains of dried blood, but was paint, of course. Those designers ! Two single beds, possible to push together. Small work desk. Small sitting table with one chair. Top of hot water and amount regulation buttons missing on shower handle. No bidet.
Good enough for one night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjsol
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Hi rjsol,

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunate so was our buffet closed when you were visiting. But normally we have buffet for our guests between 18.00 and 22.00.

Hope you will experienced it next time you visit.

Have a great day!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had a one night stay at the Comfort Hotel Runway in mid September after arriving into Oslo late evening and needing to depart early the next morning.

The hotel can be reached by shuttle bus S44 from the airport (stand B25) which only takes ten minutes and cost 140 NOK return. Check in at the hotel was quick despite quite a large number of people arriving at the same time. The only complaint here was there were a few people in the bar area opposite and the noise seemed to excessive to the point where you and the staff were almost having to yell at each other to get through the check in process. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add some more soft furnishings or some sort of a dividing barrier to isolate the noise. I wasn’t the only guest who noticed this as being an issue.

The room itself was quite large and very comfortable and I was given a twin room. Not normally a problem and whilst the beds were very comfortable they seemed to be very narrow. I did have a great sleep just the same. The bathroom was a decent size also but one of the things that really stood out were the colours in both the hallway and room; very vibrant and inviting and a nice change from the usual neutral tones you expect. Despite facing the airport and runway I never heard a sound all night which was great. I can’t comment on the breakfast etc as I left too early to use it.

A great and very convenient hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NX622
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for your stay with us and your comment NX622!

We are agree that at times it can get a little noisy in the lobby.
We hope that we soon will get sound insulation so that it is better for both guests and staff to maintain a composite speech.

Thanks for your visit and welcome back:)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a decent hotel for those on tour packages or who wish to catch a flight. Its location is a little deserted, close to nothing except the airport (about 5 minutes drive away) and other similar hotels.

The rooms are a little dimly lit, but clean. The windows are very small, only enough to peek out to. The decor is modern. They also provide free wifi, just ask for password at the reception. Breakfast is inclusive and you can buy supper at the dining area any time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello LeParisinne,

Thank you for taking time reviewing us at Tripadvisor.
And for the nice pictures you have taken!

Welcome back at any time.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

All hotels near oslo gardermoen airport has shuttles busses (70Krone =9.5Eur)
Dinner is 295Krone and you have no other chice
The hotel is nice and clean for Aslo prices are ok, however if you have no car you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Stuff friendly and wifi is free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hi mnaor,

Thank you for your stay with us and your comment.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights. I like this hotel a lot, everything is good about it, the price, the value for money, the breakfast, the dinner, the staff, the cleanliness. It has ice machine in the hallway, free tee and coffe, free internet everywhere and computers and printers as well for those who need. Even though the hotel is close to the runway it is so well soundproof that the air traffic is hardly noticed. I have already decided to stay there one night again soon when I have to be in the area.
Well, the fire alarm woke us up very early in the morning on our second night but since I am very happy with this hotel I think of it as a positive sign that fire security is taken good care of.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi jplindal,
I am grateful for your good comments and recommendations.
Hope we see you again soon!